REJECTED from Prot. Forum!

I just tried to register at the BaptistBoard.com Forums and I was rejected! I can’t believe it. Obviously I made the mistake of listing Catholic as my religion. I can’t believe it. I wanted to post in the “Other Christian Denominations” forum. They were dissing Catholics and Salvation but there was even one Catholic on there who defended us. How did she ge approved?

Enough ranting… Can anyone recommend popular forums where we can evangelize through apologetics?

Well, being a Protestant, I might be able to register. Then, you could tell me what you want to say and I’ll pass it along… :cool:

How about Catholic Answers?:smiley:

About 2 years ago they did a house cleaning of us Catholics. I was a member there and got the boot for promoting Catholic theology. There were about 10 others. Now they don’t let Catholics on. It was kind of a fun board though and we did win at least two Protestants over to the truth.

I was once a member over there as well. I can’t remember if I got banned or left on my own. I later tried to get back on, and got a refusal. Bummer. But no great loss.

[quote=p.e.driver]I just tried to register at the BaptistBoard.com Forums and I was rejected! I can’t believe it. Obviously I made the mistake of listing Catholic as my religion. I can’t believe it. I wanted to post in the “Other Christian Denominations” forum. They were dissing Catholics and Salvation but there was even one Catholic on there who defended us. How did she ge approved?

Enough ranting… Can anyone recommend popular forums where we can evangelize through apologetics?
[/quote]

I was “thrown out” from 2 myself friend years ago. Such is the way of it.

You might attempt to try www.familylife.com --their forums–even though they are completely anti-Catholic, and alot of folks think they know it all. It’s a totally Protestant “click” which is what, IMO, most churches of this sort are. It’s worth a try friend. Hubby and I went to one of their marriage conferences–it was OK --but I have no energy for Prot forums–all the debating—this and that. If you’ve got the energy–go for it. They need energetic Catholics who will defend our faith. I just can’t deal with it.

One thing to remember you guys: You may think it unfair to be rejected from a forum or something, however if you are please take that as a hint that they do not wish to have you there. Please don’t harass the webmaster or try to register multiple times.

I run a forum myself and I can’t tell you how awful it is when you get someone who just doesn’t get the concept of “banned”.

Remember to always be charitable and humble. Give them a good example of the Catholic faith.

You also might try several sites that are apologetics-centered and seem to encourage thoughtful exchanges:

carm.org/boards.htm
thechristiandefense.com/

I echo the admonishment of the previous poster. Conversation should always be respectful. Remember, without love, truth is just a clanging symbol.

i’m going to say my two cents.

going to a protestant board and trying to convert them is just as bad as a baptist coming here to proselityse. I think God is taking care of the conversion business. extrapolate RCIA over all the dioceses in the country.

[quote=petra]You also might try several sites that are apologetics-centered and seem to encourage thoughtful exchanges:

carm.org/boards.htm
thechristiandefense.com/

I echo the admonishment of the previous poster. Conversation should always be respectful. Remember, without love, truth is just a clanging symbol.
[/quote]

I have not found the carm forum to be all that friendly. Do you post there? If so, maybe I’ll come back over and hang out with you.

[quote=Little Mary]I have not found the carm forum to be all that friendly. Do you post there? If so, maybe I’ll come back over and hang out with you.
[/quote]

No, actually I just did some quick research on Google for the original poster. I’m not registered on either of the sites I listed. Were the people rude at CARM or just not eager to see things through the Catholic perspective?

[quote=petra]No, actually I just did some quick research on Google for the original poster. I’m not registered on either of the sites I listed. Were the people rude at CARM or just not eager to see things through the Catholic perspective?
[/quote]

I was made to feel really really stupid - like they all ganged up on the playground and started teasing me -

Then on one thread I commented about how involved the moderators there are in the different threads - they even start their own threads to participate in and seem to me to be the biggest bullies there. Anyway, I was immediately - like within seconds - denied further access to the forum.

[quote=Little Mary]I was made to feel really really stupid - like they all ganged up on the playground and started teasing me -

Then on one thread I commented about how involved the moderators there are in the different threads - they even start their own threads to participate in and seem to me to be the biggest bullies there. Anyway, I was immediately - like within seconds - denied further access to the forum.
[/quote]

How awful! :frowning:

[quote=jjwilkman]i’m going to say my two cents.

going to a protestant board and trying to convert them is just as bad as a baptist coming here to proselityse. I think God is taking care of the conversion business. extrapolate RCIA over all the dioceses in the country.
[/quote]

Well, for example in the case of CARM they have a Catholic forum. In the case of the Baptist Board they have an Other Christian Denominations forum. It’s perfectly reasonable for Catholics to go to such forums. I know about the Baptist Board rejection of Catholics because they kicked me off a couple of years ago, along with most of the other Catholics there. Their motto is “The Truth Shall Set You Free”. They lived by their motto – we Catholics told the Catholic truth and they in turn set us free. :smiley:

[quote=petra]Were the people rude at CARM or just not eager to see things through the Catholic perspective?
[/quote]

There are some hearts very hardened to the Catholic Church over there. After Catholics correct some particular mistake about Catholic teaching (we all know the Usual Suspects that are tossed out) for the hundredth time one gets the impression that they’re not looking for understanding.

Does anyone have any experience with the thechristiandefense.com/ forum?

I just found another site that looks like it may be open to Catholics:
crossandflame.com/forum/

Here is a site that I frequent. christianforums.com/f80-general-theology.htmlThis forum is huge and includes separate forums for each denomination and more. I go to the link above which is for general theology discussions. There are numerous debates going on here. Come on and join. Help me defend the truth!

I am not being mean to you or anybody else, but I think it rude and unsightful to try and blindly convert people. What if a… oh, say Jehovah’s Wittness came on here and started preaching. I will never try to convert anybody as long as I live. I love to defend my beautiful Catholic faith, however I do not go around trying to convert other people. It is their bussiness if they want to beleive in lies, why bother? Can you see a baptist on that board typing “Hey, Im sorry, I will convert to Catholic now!”? Do you know how much of a bad impression that puts on Christians? People have their own beleifs and it is wrong to intrude. I have to deal with having relatives who are methodists, and I have an Aunt, Uncle, and their two young twin daughters who are Russian Orthodox, and on my other side of the family I have an Aunt who is Mormon (she was raised Catholic I have no idea why she converted) an Uncle who is an atheist, their 11 year old son named Nikki who has an utter disrespect and lack of knowledge toward God (he is not a punk though, he is a nice jocky kid who I talk to all the time) and he is Christian, a 13 yeare old cousin named Kirsten that is a WICCAN and their 5 year old son who could care less. They go to a Church of Latter-day saints.
And we all get along just fine. We have a huge family, and we dont convert each other. We currently keep in touch with each other, and we cant wait to go to New Jersy every summer and visit wityh that one family I was talking about that goes to the LDS church.

You also might try www.reachingforchrist.org/forums

I think this was started by Reformed Protestant Julie Staples, as her name is on it. They have a section titled Roman Catholicism vs. Protestantism. Several Catholics post there, and I have found the moderators to be very open to discussion without censure. Some excellant discussions are seen, and generally, even though they don’t agree with us, they are kind. The Protestant moderators have actually told Protestants on the forum to be kinder to Catholics, and to not mis-represent what we teach. Only wish there was more discussion there - sometimes it does get a little slow.

MBS1

This may be both lame and deceitful, but you could always register as “non denominational” because Catholics don’t consider themselves denom now do you?

hehehe…that’s stretching it isn’t it?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.