rejected God

I feel as though i have rejected God and he hardened my heart:( what should i do? I just want to believe in him again and be at peace with Christ

Hardness of heart towards God is usually the result of sin, mainly mortal sin.

We often deceive ourselves into thinking that something that is in fact a mortal sin is “not that bad” when it is in fact spiritual death.

Whatever that is, that is perhaps where you should begin.

so if i have fallen into sin it is probably because of that?

The very fact that you can say you want to believe in Him is proof you have not hardened your heart. What should you do? Repent!! Say you are sorry! Try saying Psalm 51 slowly and prayerfully. This is the Psalm that King David wrote after he arranged to have Uriah the Hittite murdered and Samuel called him on it.

Then keep praying. Use other Psalms, use your own words, pour out your heart to God, let him know how sorry you are, how you want to love Him. Scripture says (Luke 15:10) that there is rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents. So go make the angels happy! :angel1:

Consider doing the Ignatius spiritual exercises.

Learn abut examination of conscious.

God is calling you back into His loving arms. Make a good confession a
and ask Jesus to come into your heart. He loves you and He will help you believe.

I encourage you listen to the stories of former agnostic and atheist converts to Catholicism. I especially like presentations by the Journey Home. Here is a link --> youtube.com/results?search_query=agnostic+converts+to+catholicism

As for my journey from agnosticism to Catholicism:
I discovered that patience maintains peace, and kindness gets joy. Since my passion in life is for my family, friends, enemies, and myself to experience the greatest amount of peace and joy, I am on a journey to perfect the practice of patience and kindness. In doing so, I have discovered Jesus, the Holy Trinity, is the pinnacle of patience and kindness, and His Church shares the complete story of Love.

May as much peace as possible be with you on your journey!

:frowning: He cannot harden your heart, only you can.

Turn to Him with trust in His love and mercy. And if you do not believe His words, believe His wounds. His crucifixion. He loves you very much.

Jesus to Blessed Maria Pierina De Micheli
**“If you knew how I love you, you would die from joy.” **

Psalm 95
If today you hear his voice, Harden not your hearts.

Jesus to St Margaret-Mary Alacoque -
**“Behold this Heart which has loved men so much that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming itself in order to testify to them it’s love.” **

Sacred Heart Image (St Margaret-Mary Alacoque)

http://s7.postimg.org/4jx43bm1n/Christ_7.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/s9fu5lkbv/Crucifixion.jpg

Please continue to next post -

Continued from above post -

The Divine Mercy Image (St. Faustina)

http://s8.postimg.org/422f1cyxh/Christ_9.jpg

How to Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Jesus to St. Faustina -

"My Heart overflows with great mercy for souls, and especially for poor sinners. If only they could understand that I am the best of Fathers to them and that it is for them that the Blood and Water flowed from My Heart as from a fount overflowing with mercy. For them I dwell in the tabernacle as King of Mercy. I desire to bestow My graces upon souls, but they do not want to accept them. You, at least, come to Me as often as possible and take these graces they do not want to accept. In this way you will console My Heart. Oh, how indifferent are souls to so much goodness, to so many proofs of love! My heart drinks only of the ingratitude and forgetfulness of souls living in the world. They have time for everything, but they have no time to come to Me for graces." (Diary, 367).

"My mercy is greater than your sins and those of the entire world. Who can measure the extent of my goodness? For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart. Your misery has disappeared in the depths of My mercy" (Diary, 1485).

"Oh, if sinners knew My mercy, they would not perish in such great numbers. Tell sinful souls not to be afraid to approach Me; speak to them of My great mercy" (Diary, 1396).

http://s28.postimg.org/6bvy5pai5/Prodigal_Son.jpg

Godisjesusflesh -

John 15:12
12 Now I tell you to love each other, as I have loved you.

Catalina’s writings - loveandmercy.org/english-books/ For more information on them, please read the following - youshallbelieve.com/A-plea-to-humanity.pdf

Diary of St. Faustina - thedivinemercy.org/message/

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

All of the suggestions are really good. Turn to prayer and adoration to help your faith. Sitting in front of the blessed sacrament and saying the Divine Mercy helped me immensely during my moments of doubt. Also, what helps my belief in God is turning to Jesus. As it is said, no one can get to the father except through the son. When temptation tries to pull me into disbelief in the Father, I look to the Son. I have read so much about Jesus, and have no doubt he is the Son of God. When I get scared, I turn to him and know that he can’t lie to me. If you can believe in Jesus, you can believe in God, for they are one in the same :).

It helps to say “Jesus, I trust in you,” often, especially when you’re beginning to experience doubts.

I’ll be praying for you!

It might help to pray this Bible verse a few times:

“Lord I believe, help my unbelief!”

If I was only allowed one suggestion…wear a blessed miraculous medal of Our Lady.

Then trust in her words that she would grant you great graces. She loves all her children especially those who have strayed. But be sure and pray to her each day and ask her for GREAT graces. She won’t let you down because she always keeps her word.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

I like psalm 22 when I feel distant from God. His own son JESUS felt forsaken.
Please read it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.