Rejoice with me! Confession

I have made a good confession today after a long time. Please come and rejoice with me! :)
The Lord is good and he has "outdone" my farthest wish today.
It is an enormous gift to know Him and to meet Him in the sacraments!
(Off to receive Him in Holy Communion now! :) )

[quote="g_ncl, post:1, topic:294783"]
I have made a good confession today after a long time. Please come and rejoice with me! :)
The Lord is good and he has "outdone" my farthest wish today.
It is an enormous gift to know Him and to meet Him in the sacraments!
(Off to receive Him in Holy Communion now! :) )

[/quote]

Well done! Such a gift!!!

How wonderful for you! He offers this gift to you all the time, any time you fall into sin, and I hope you take advantage of it often.

I love reading this! It's wonderful when anyone goes to Confession! Hmmm...perhaps I need to make another trip as well...

:clapping:

:extrahappy:

So glad to hear it! Enjoy this moment!

Yay! Such wonderful news.

:blessyou:

That is wonderful.

I had my own issue last week. I got to Confession kind of late, and the Priest was gone! That's our once a week 45 minutes of confession for a parish of 12,000!

So on Sunday I just prayed during Communion.

I recalled listening to Relevant Radio and Fr. Rich Simon said "if you ever need to go to confession sooner than your parish offers, find a Mexican or Polish parish because they have confession several times weekly. So low and behold Monday I was in Elgin, IL which has a beautfiul Mexican parish St. Joseph. After my business meeting I went over and got in line. Afterwards, I attended Mass in Spanish--hadn't experienced that in many years. Beautiful.

I know the feeling! I returned on Palm Sunday after 50+ years of wandering in the wilderness. Some times I feel like I'm glowing!!! Welcome back!

How fabulous!!!! Don't you feel fabulous?? Lighter? Happier? Joyful? Singing in the shower or the car? I'm so happy for you!!!!!!

The angels are celebrating with you!

Wonderful news! I also went to confession this week. It was the first time in 23 years. I left there with a new outlook!

God Bless you!

EricW.

I am so happy for you!! God bless you!!!!!!:D

Glory to God!

Congrats! I love that light-hearted feeling I get after I leave confession! :D :D :thumbsup:

Amen Amen Amen !

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.

peace

Thank you for all the kind messages! I am still in awe from what happened. I feel like walking on air, keep grinning all day and want to shout and jump about - and I'm 43! :dancing: It was an amazing experience. The Lord is good.

I bet you feel like an eagle now!

My longest stretch was 8 yars. That confession was life-changing and life-giving!

Glad to share the joy!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.