Relationship Books

I’m single and I posted a thread about meeting people a couple days ago. I like to read so I was going to see if you all had any suggestions about relationship books. Someone that posted on that thread suggested Date or Soul Mate by: Dr Neil Clark Warren. I’m planning on looking for that book this weekend. Do you all have any other suggestions about books I should look for?

That was me.

Other books:

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
His Needs, Her Needs by Willard Harley
For Better… Forever by Greg Popcak (Catholic)
Three To Get Married by Archbishop Fulton Sheen

And, a very old but good book:

Cana Is Forever by Charles Hugo Doyle (out of print, but can get used copies or check the library)

Matthew Kelly’s books are great (and he is CATHOLIC!!)

I’m glad you posted this because I see his books all the time at the Catholic bookstore in town but I’ve never heard anyone recommend them.

I just read “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman a few weeks ago. It was a very easy read and I really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

The Seven Levels of Intimacy is a good Matthew Kelly book.

The Man For Her (written for men) and *The Wife Desired *(for women) by Leo Kinsella are both free and online on this page at EWTN:

ewtn.com/library/indexes/MARRIAGE.htm

These books are quite old, but the wisdom in them is timeless.

Love and Respect
By Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.
“Based upon Ephesians 5:33 and extensive biblical and psychological research, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs reveals the power of unconditional love and unconditional respect and how husbands and wives can reap the benefits of marriage that God intended.”

Ten Stupid Things Women Do To Mess Up Their Lives by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. She’s not Catholic, but she is very pro-marriage, and this book is intended to help women avoid common dating pitfalls and to discern quality men and relationships, so that when they do marry, it is more likely to last.

The Bible, because so many problems in life could be avoided if we only followed principles in it.

I think the Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands is more of a relationship book than “Ten Stupid Things”. The OP doesn’t strike me as being in what Dr. Laura classifies as a “stupid” relationship. But, it’s a very good book too.

Christian Courtship in an Oversexed World by T.G. Morrow is a must read. I was reading it when I met my wife :).

Here’s one of many links: getfed.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=3751

The book gives a great perspective on the Catholic idea of courtship vs. worldly view of dating.

Hope this helps.

I like “Whats a girl to do while waiting for Mr. Right” by Janet Folger

It’s all about how to be okay with being single and accepting God plan for you for a future spouse…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.