Relationship Pain

Please pray for me! I need prayers! Last week my girlfriend broke up with my under the pretext that it was God’s will for us to break up without any substantial reasons I could understand but just today we got back together. She told me that only after two days after we broke up she ended up getting sexually physical with this guy she had liked a year ago she met online and only had been with in person like once. Anyways, she was feeling terrible after she broke up with me and ended up doing this and I am having such a hard time letting go of this. I don’t know what to do because I love her so much but it hurts so bad. Are there any ways I can help this heal? I love her but I can’t go on with this hanging over me. I seriously want to hurt that guy for taking advantage of her.

I pray God guides you. I do believe if you pray for God to forgive her and the other guy, He will grant it. However, I also think you need His guidance on what to do next

Glory be to The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World without end
Amen

I pray that God will lead you to a life of peace and love.

My brotherly advice: Be patient.

If you love her, forgive her. It may be hard, but love is the greatest power there are, and it conquer every thing.

Well , we all grow up at different rates, and as we grow up we get mixed emotional
Feelings that we can’t explain, thus making stupid mistakes, most of us do or say
Really dumb things , that’s life, the secret answer to this is how you deal with it,
If you both have a mutual love & respect for one another , and have good lines
Of communication , you just need to talk about how and why she did what she did,
Without raising your voices and discuss the issue as two grownup adults ,
Being patient and understanding and a willingness to be forgiving, it doesn’t hurt to both
Get emotional and hug each other, then after this event you will both feel more mature together… It’s what is called a growing relationship… Good luck.

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.