Relationships & dating

hi there
quick question for the females in the CA community.

How many women had never wished to engage in a relationship for fear of it separating them from God but eventually did go into one? What aspects (in both the male and those pertaining to yourself) led you to date or be in a relationship? What changed allowed you to maintain that peace with God while still allowing you to engage in dating? What separated that guy from the rest?
Thanks

RB

Love grows

its really as simple as that. A good man will open your heart.

You may say in years from now “i love my husband and a baby will take away” or “I love kid 1 and i couldnt love kid 2 as much” buy youd soon discover that love multiplies and every new relationship adds to your capacity to love everyone in your life.

[quote="rb26dett, post:1, topic:248622"]
hi there
quick question for the females in the CA community.

How many women had never wished to engage in a relationship for fear of it separating them from God but eventually did go into one? What aspects (in both the male and those pertaining to yourself) led you to date or be in a relationship? What changed allowed you to maintain that peace with God while still allowing you to engage in dating? What separated that guy from the rest?
Thanks

RB

[/quote]

I never feared of a relationship separating me from God (besides fear of falling into sexual sin). However, I am engaged, and I actually feel closer to God than I ever did before. My fiance and I pray together and read books about God together. Sometimes, we have discussions about God and religion as well. Our relationship helps motivate me to develop a deeper relationship with God.

I knew that my fiance was the one because he respected my morals and didn't pressure me to do things that I didn't want to do. :D That being said, if you are having these feelings perhaps you are not being called to date or get married. Maybe, you should think about life as a nun or sister or even single life. I have no idea what your calling in life is, but I just wanted to suggest that. Pray about it!

I've always looked at a family is merely the extension of any love I have. I thought I would be married with 4 daughters by the time I was 30...lol never happened. So I guess I've never thought a relationship with God had to be any any different weather I was single or married. I'm happily single at the moment and even got through dealing with no kids.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.