Relative first born child died

Dear sisters and brothers in Christ,

I have a Muslim relative family who lost their first born child after couple of months of his birth.

The situation of the mother is very bad specially that she is over 30 now (so she might not get pregnant again) and she had spent months breast-feeding her child and the mother-child relationship had been established.

The child was born with birth complications that he had to undergo many surgeries to adjust an internal blood vein.

Islam does not have an answer of their tragedy, and I’m personally searching the Bible for an adequate explanation for that so I can point it out to that family.

I have read in the Bible the following:
***(John 9:1-5):
*“As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.””

***(Luke 13:16):
*“Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?””

My 1’st inquiry is: Is that birth complication is Satan’s work, Humans work, or GOD’s work?

My 2’nd inquiry is: JESUS said in (John 9:1-5) “that the works of God might be displayed in him”, how does that applies nowadays when no one (even priests) can do anything regarding many birth defects?

My 3’ed inquiry is: What is the proper explanation from the Bible to tell that family regarding their child?

My thoughts and prayers are for your friend dear Sam

This article may assit your friend to find solace and peace :slight_smile:

bellaonline.com/articles/art37822.asp

This is a proposed message from a child in the Kingdom to its mother here on earth:

“O thou kind Mother, thank divine Providence that I have been freed from a small and gloomy cage and, like the birds of the meadows, have soared to the divine world–a world which is spacious, illumined, and ever gay and jubilant. Therefore, lament not, O Mother, and be not grieved; I am not of the lost, nor have I been obliterated and destroyed. I have shaken off the mortal form and have raised my banner in this spiritual world. Following this separation is everlasting companionship. Thou shalt find me in the heaven of the Lord, immersed in an ocean of light.”

• Abdu’l-Baha Unto Him Shall We Return pg 100

God bless :slight_smile:

You just had to fit in that jab to Islam, didn’t you?

Well, that shows where your heart is. Not even in a thread about a child’s death can you control yourself.

This is the verse that comes to my mind when I think of a loss like theirs. Matthew Chapter 5 Verse 4 " Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted." I hope they will try to have another baby. 30 is not old. I had my first child at 29, the second one at 33 and my last baby at 35 years of age.

My prayers are with you and your relative.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.