Relevant Radio Mass

I was listening to to the Mass on Relevant Radio which I don’t usually catch, and noticed that the priest changed the words of the prayer ending in “happy are those who are called to his supper”. For some reason, most priests (at least in this part of the country) feel compelled to change the words to “… banquet of the lamb”, etc, etc, etc. What is up with that? Why can’t they just say what they’re supposed to? I expect orthodox liturgies when it comes from Relevant Radio or EWTN.

I guess they’re trying to be closer to the latin… although they are NOT allowed to do that… but many do…

Beate qui ad cenam agni vocati sunt

Blessed(Happy) to the supper lamb called to be(are)

So basically in English : Blessed (Happy) are those called to the supper of the lamb

Exactly my point. It gives the impression that If it’s ok for one, i’ts ok for all.

I believe “happy are those who are called to His supper,” is the present approved English version of the NO, though this might have been changed in the revised translation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.