Reliable vocation options for the Catholic man

In English:

The Madonna House
madonnahouse.org/
The Franciscan Friars of the Renewal (C.F.R.)
franciscanfriars.com/
The Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (S.O.L.T.)
societyofourlady.net/
The Marian Movement of Priests
mmp-usa.net/
The Trinitarians of Mary
trinitariansofmary.org/
The Sons of the Divine Will
divvol.org/home_en.php
Clear Creek Monks (Benedictine)
clearcreekmonks.org/
The Canons Regular of Saint John Cantius (Society)
canons-regular.org/
The Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (F.S.S.P.)
fssp.org/ (¡Bien Guadalupanos!)
The Missionaries of Charity Religious Priests (M.C.)
mcpriests.com/
The Missionaries of Charity Brothers (M.C.)
mcbrothers.org/
The Marians of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary (M.I.C.)
marian.org/
The Oratory of Saint Philip Neri
oratorio.org.mx/english/

Hint: if the site looks too small press CTRL + to enlarte or CTRL – to reduce.

With my poor prayers...

Place a comment if you know of another community with a good track record or if there is one I have placed that does not have a good track record in some area.

/

*Opciones vocacionales fiables para el varón católico

La Casa de Nuestra Señora (The Madonna House)
madonnahouse.org/es/index.html
Los Frailes Franciscanos de la Renovación (C.F.R.)
franciscanfriars.com/RMH/RMHspanish.htm
La Sociedad de Nuestra Señora de la Santísima Trinidad (S.O.L.T.)
divinavocacion.blogspot.com/2009/07/155-sociedad-de-nuestra-senora-de-la.html
El Movimiento Sacerdotal Mariano
sacerdotesmarianos.blogspot.com/
Los Trinitarias de María (orden actualmente principalmente femenina)
trinitariansofmary.org/Welcome_Spanish.html
Los Hijos de la Divina Voluntad
divvol.org/
Los Monjes de Clear Creek (Benedictinos)
clearcreekmonks.org/ (ingles)
Los Canones Regulares (Sociedad) de San Juan Cancio
canons-regular.org/
La Fraternidad Sacerdotal de San Pedro (F.S.S.P.; ¡Bien Guadalupanos!)
fssp.org/es/index.htm
Los Sacerdotes Misioneros de la Caridad (M.C.)
mcpriests.com/_spanish/index.htm
Los Hermanos Misioneros de la Caridad (M.C.)
sites.google.com/site/hermanosmissionerosdelac/
Los Marianos de la Inmaculada Concepción de la Santísima Virgen María (M.I.C.)
marianos.net/marianos.html
El Oratorio de San Felipe Neri
oratorio.org.mx/spanish/

Pista: si el sitio se ve demasiado chiquito presiona CTRL + para engrandecer o CTRL – para reducir.

Con mis pobres oraciones...

Haz comento si sabes de otra comunidad con buena historia o si alguna comunidad que pong no tenga buena historia bajo algún aspecto.*

Companions of the Cross

Vocations includes marriage, the single non-religious state, etc.

If you are referring to RELIGIOUS VOCATIONS ONLY, then any Dioceasan Vocation Director would be an excellent resource.

[quote="The_Old_Medic, post:3, topic:225571"]
Vocations includes marriage, the single non-religious state, etc.

If you are referring to RELIGIOUS VOCATIONS ONLY, then any Dioceasan Vocation Director would be an excellent resource.

[/quote]

1. Yes, and, for what it's worth, I think marriage could well be my vocation (for the best reason - I've been "struck" as it were) but being a guy I'd make a weird matchmaker, so I've resigned myself to networking. (Nudge.)

2. This hasn't been my experience, which is a big part of why I posted this. I'm glad things are better in other regions, though. And, gee, thanks for your supportiveness of people like myself who are up against such opposition - even by fellow-Catholics if you can believe it - in trying to help sincere people with religious vocations: I can use all the constructive criticism I can get!

Hello, John!

The Trinitarians of Mary that are listed here are actually nuns...no guys allowed! ;)

The Trinitarians of Mary presently have associate secular priests. And being truly a work of God inspired by Fatima...who knows what the near future holds? But good catch. I updated it in my records, but it was too late to alter the thread.

Please pray for me, Sister, that I may be a loving spouse if that's what God is asking of me.

As a student at FSU I have been blessed to befriend the Brotherhood of Hope that does wonderful work with the students here. They also have a presence at Boston University and Rutgers that I'm aware of. They are, in the grand scheme of things, a brand new order that began in the 1980's I believe, but their work is truly remarkable with the students. They run the Catholic Student Union here at FSU and I assume at BU and Rutgers as well. They work very hard to evangelize on and off campus, and outreach to the men and women of the Catholic faith here in Tallahassee and elsewhere. I of course am bias because I know them rather well, but I believe their work is truly a Godsend and worth recognition.

brotherhoodofhope.org/

Very good, yes, in the spirit of subsidiarity it is nice to hear about smaller, newer, more regionally based orders that have not yet been sent throughout the world or may just be called to one region. I think that, as Catholics, that ought to be our focus: not great things but small things with great love. And certainly everything we do, we must do with an awareness of our smallness. In today's world, where slobbering celebrity cults are our bread and butter, it is very important for people to realize that "working quietly" is neither extinct nor antiquated but alive and well. Too many Catholics want to be great rather than good. It was Alexis De Toqueville who pointed out that our nation "is great because [it] is good." I think that countless Catholics, including Blessed Mother Teresa, have found a spiritual homeland in The Little Flower of Lisieux and in her "small way." By way of explanation, I posted the Madonna House first because I believe it intentionally embraces smallness. They renounce most modern technology, they intentionally fund only small missions worldwide. Working big generally does not mean efficient. Working with love generally does. I'll end this with a quote from Catherine "The Baroness" Doherty: "Give me the heart of a child and the awesome courage to live it out as an adult." Other writings of hers I recommend (see first link above) include the "Little Mandate," a summary of the Gospel demands, and Sobernost, where she describes the Christian community to the largely Hippie youth culture of her time. Stuff like this will change the world...for the better. Silent witness, one heart at a time, in silence to defeat all fragmentation and hypocrisy.

The Carmelties or Dominicans or Franscians are all good choices to look into.

I question the use of the word "reliable" in the title, what is meant by that?

I just was invited to begin an observership with Trappists OCSO.

[quote="byzcath, post:9, topic:225571"]
i question the use of the word "reliable" in the title, what is meant by that?

[/quote]

Good question: reliably orthodox, moral, sane, Marian, Gospel, obedient, faithful, intentional, Catholic. Now, once again, my list is by no means infallible or exhaustive, which I have made abundantly clear. To answer a question you didn't ask but obviously meant to, I have no intention here of knocking the older orders. Beyond that, no comment!

I should also add:

The Brothers and Sisters of Charity at Little Portion Hermitage
littleportion.org/

On second thought, I want to add, ByzCath, that I sympathize with your plight. I actually have long considered the Divine Liturgy (which the Madonna House, first on my list, uses) to be a key to the revival the Church today needs. Please do not feel marginalized, but keep reaching upward and outward! (Also, don't take my signature too literally...)

As well, ByzCath, these houses will double as refuges should a time eventually (or promptly ;)) come in which, hypothetically speaking, all good is eclipsed. Think Lord of the Rings, if you take my meaning. All monasteries, all truly Catholic religious houses, some churches and a few private homes - many farms - will be refuges. This will probably correlate to adoration in the case of the churches, rosaries in the case of the homes. So that's the "secondary" reason why I post this list. A great split is beginning in our world, and it is for a wonderful purpose: to set us up for the full flowering of salvation, a more sweeping sanctification and restoration of our original condition before sin. All religious orders will find their full meaning in this Catholic Life, this Universal Life, this Divine Life, this Edenic Life. As well, the ever-enigmatic art of ecumenism will be a cakewalk in those inspired days which overtake us even as I set finger to key.

Congratulations, Isais! :thumbsup:

May God guide you during the coming months. Is there any way we can help you as you explore this vocation?

Canons Regular of Jesus the Lord (Mary Mother of God Mission Society)
vladmission.org/vocations/vocations.htm

[quote="PA650, post:15, topic:225571"]
Canons Regular of Jesus the Lord (Mary Mother of God Mission Society)
vladmission.org/vocations/vocations.htm

[/quote]

This reminds me of a handy rule of thumb: almost any group that's consciously Marian is nearly guaranteed, or at least promising. One notable exception that proves this rule is the "Oblates of the Virgin Mary" started by Brother (Father?) Gino. (I have known Missionaries of Charity Priests that were burned by them prior to entering Mother Teresa's Order.) That said, nothing is ever a total loss, especially when Jesus and Mary are involved.

Thank you but I am spending as much time alone as possible the next few months. It's been a beautiful journey.

[quote="johnpfmcguire, post:6, topic:225571"]
The Trinitarians of Mary presently have associate secular priests. And being truly a work of God inspired by Fatima...who knows what the near future holds? But good catch. I updated it in my records, but it was too late to alter the thread.

Please pray for me, Sister, that I may be a loving spouse if that's what God is asking of me.

[/quote]

Hi, John...
No problem!

Please pray for me, too.

This congregation caught my eye in your post because at the same time I was going through formation in my community, another local young lady entered the Trinitarians. She was a year older than I; I was a year ahead in religion. Happy to report, we are both perpetually professed Sisters today. :)

God bless.

Here’s another one that deserves mention:

The Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mercy, at www.OrderofMercy.org. The Order of Mercy is Marian, Eucharistic, and faithful to the Magisterium. I first met them at the Institute on Religious Life meeting in the Chicago area several years ago. A good group.

They just had a man ordained who was brought up in a fundamentalist family, and learned about the Catholic faith through a friend. Go to Fr. Freeman’s story.

http://orderofmercy.org/wp-content/themes/merced/images/favicon.icoYes, John, it is good to see the smaller new groups springing up and providing holy priests, brothers/consecrated men. Then also, you hear of certain provinces of the older groups of Dominicans, Franciscans and so on, showing some newfound zeal. Sometimes the young guys come in, shake things up, and revitalize the order. Renewal is always needed. St. Francis, St. Dominic, etc. must be praying in heaven for their orders and won't let them fail, don't you think?
As I mentioned in an earlier post, The Order of Mercy is a good one. They show some real signs of growth. They have 10 men in formation against a backdrop of 22 professed in the entire U.S. They are an ancient order whose purpose is to rescue those whose Christian faith is in danger of being lost. They began by offering their lives in exchange with those Christians who were captured by Muslims. This certainly has growing relevance today, I think.

[quote="johnpfmcguire, post:8, topic:225571"]
Very good, yes, in the spirit of subsidiarity it is nice to hear about smaller, newer, more regionally based orders that have not yet been sent throughout the world or may just be called to one region. I think that, as Catholics, that ought to be our focus: not great things but small things with great love. ...

[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.