Relic of the Cristeros

Hello all!!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to obtain a relic (whatever class - first if possible) of the some Cristeros such as Bl. Jose Sanchez del Rio, St. Jose Maria Robles Hurtado, or Bl. Anacleto Gonzales Flores?? I have seen pieces of Bl. Miguel Pro’s casket relics, but am not sure how to obtain them…

Thank you!!

In Christ through Mary,
Billy

I would ask a priest about it.

Don't try to buy it, as that would be the sin of simony, which is of grave matter.

Thank you for your response!!

[quote="ChibiViolet, post:2, topic:294218"]
I would ask a priest about it.

Don't try to buy it, as that would be the sin of simony, which is of grave matter.

[/quote]

I've seen this discussion a few times in a few places. From what I've been able to tell from my readings, though (and I'm not an expert), the sin of simony is selling the relics...not buying them (providing you are rescuing them so they can be venerated rather than resold for a profit).

[quote="BusterMartin, post:4, topic:294218"]
I've seen this discussion a few times in a few places. From what I've been able to tell from my readings, though (and I'm not an expert), the sin of simony is selling the relics...not buying them (providing you are rescuing them so they can be venerated rather than resold for a profit).

[/quote]

I talked to a priest about it, and the problem with buying a relic from someone is that it partakes in the trafficking of a relic by the exchange of money. The only way that it can flourish and grow is if there is some kind of monetary gain.

I think the best approach in the situation of rescuing a relic is to ask a priest because, as you said, it would be better for them to be venerated instead of resold.

Hope this helps!! :)

In Christ through Mary,
Billy

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.