Relief and happiness

I am on the “journey to Catholicism” and have been attending Mass for a bit. Today I had a wedding to attend at a local Episcopalian church. I come from the Episcopal church and this is a church I have attended before, but it’s funny how your perspective changes once you realize where you need to be and the truth in that realization.

For example, on the order of worship for the service was Holy Communion. I felt a bit of anxiety about this since my view on the Eucharist has changed. Although I have not converted yet, I still feel like I would rather be in the presence of Jesus even if I can’t receive Him yet. Based on that truth, I have chosen to not go back to a Protestant church since attending Mass for the first time. Hence the quandry. Luckily for me, the bride and the groom were the only once who received, but to say I was relieved would be an understatement!

Also, at the reception I was so happy to be able to share my intentions to convert (and that of my two children) with a very strong Catholic lady who I’ve known for over 20 years! She was so pleased and excited for me. It was wonderful to be able to explain my journey to Catholicism with someone who understands what I mean :slight_smile: I feel so happy to have these experiences that just really confirm my decisions. Just had to share! Thanks for reading!

Thank you for sharing.:slight_smile:
It is always so good to hear of happy and blessed events and discoveries in others’ lives.
I’m very happy for you that you have found peace and joy in your decision to convert. May God continue to bless you and your family in every good way.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.