Relief from anger

Without going into a lot of detail, I need prayers. I was hurt by a member of my parish staff when some incorrect information was past on to the pastor.Tomorrow will be the first time I see both of them since this happen, I have been praying for God to heal my heart. I am so angry (with the staff member) and so hurt (that the pastor assumed the information was true). The passing on of the information (gossip) has been building a long time. I thought that the better path was to ignore the gossip and trust that others would do the same. I’ve been asking in prayer when do you let go and let God and when do you stand up for yourself. I am still so confused and hurt. Please pray that tomorrow I say (or don’t say) the right thing.
Thanks

Praying for you

Hail Mary, Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day
Our daily bread
and Forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive others who trepass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
AMEN

Glory Be to the Father
To the Son
and To the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning
Is now
and Ever shall be
A world without end
AMEN

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Loving God,

We lift up your anxious and concerned child DAWNCUROLE and ask for your blessing and wisdom so she might know the best way to deal with the great hurt and mistrust she feels in the current situation. You call us to love those who do not love us, and it is very hard to know practically how to do Your Holy will when matters of importance have been violated. Please send the comforting and strong presence of your Holy Spirit to be with DAWNCUROLE as she prays before going to Mass and as she meets and engages the people who she feels have shared improper information. Please help her to know the right words to say, and the right way to say them, so that Your Will be done. Please also help those who gossip and pass incorrect information regarding their brothers and sisters in Christ to have a change in their hardened hearts and feel the call you have for them in their love for neighbor that needs to be improved to be more in line with Your ways. Please also help DAWNCUROLE to refrain from being argumentative or defensive, and to maintain her composure so all involved can see the face of Christ in her response to this injustice.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Praying that you, the staff person and the pastor will be reconciled, in Jesus name, Amen.

If it’s the better course for your healing and for justice and truth to prevail, for you to simply state the facts simply and quietly, God grant you the words and the presence of mind. If it is better for the staff member to get away with behaviour that he or she may also subject to someone else to in the future, if not brought to account; and if it is better that the pastor learn not to judge without hearing everyone’s side of the story, may God help you to tell the truth without jdgement but honestly, may the Lord grant it will be so.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I have trouble with anger many times also. I try to pray the following prayer…

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, gracious companion of our exile, I adore Thee. Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, lonely Heart, humiliated Heart, abandoned Heart, forgotten Heart, despised Heart, outraged Heart, Heart ignored by men, Heart which loves our own hearts; Heart pleading for our love, Heart so patient in waiting for us, Heart so eager to listen to our prayers, Heart so anxious for our requests, Heart, unending source of new graces, Heart so silent, yet desiring to speak to souls, Heart, welcome refuge of the hidden life, Heart, teacher of the secrets of union with God, Heart of Him Who sleeps but watches always, Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us. Jesus Victim, I desire to comfort Thee; I unite myself to Thee; I offer myself in union with Thee. I regard myself as nothing in Thy Presence. I long to forget myself in order to think only of Thee, to be despised and forgotten for love of Thee. I have no desire to be understood or loved by anyone but Thee. I will keep silent in order to listen to Thee, and I will abandon myself in order to lose myself in Thee. Grant that I may thus satisfy Thy thirst for my salvation, Thy burning thirst for my holiness, and that once purified I may give Thee a sincere and pure love. I am anxious not to tire Thee further with waiting: take me, I hand myself over to Thee. I give Thee all my actions, my mind to be enlightened, my heart to be directed, my will to be stabilized, my wretchedness to be relieved, my soul and body to be nourished by Thee. Eucharistic Heart of my Saviour, Whose Blood is the life of my soul, may I myself cease to live and Thou alone live in me. Amen.

Father, please grant healing to the relationship between these people and to Dawn’s reputation.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying for you to dicern the right thing to do or say.Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.