Religious Chain Mail advice?

Ok so a while ago I shared a picture I saw, and recently I was deleting old facebook posts over the years which I viewed as stupid, when I came across the picture again, on the picture it says as follows (If you’re like me and chain mails play on your mind please leave now):

Psst, hey you. Yeah I mean You. If you have taken a minute to read this. The angels have seen your struggling with something. The angels say its over now and a blessing is coming your way. If you believe in angels then please send this message on to those who many need it. Please don’t ignore it, you are being tested. The angels are going to fix two (big) things in your favour. If you believe in angels then follow your heart and share.”

Here’s the thing I’ve shared it as even though I know it is probably a chain mail too see peoples reactions, I still can’t get over the fact that I seem to think everytime I see it even if it’s been me that’s shared it, I then have to reshare it then my friends and family will get it and it’s playing on my mind that if my family and friends don’t reshare they are doing something wrong. Yes I have a tendancy to stress out over things here, Just kind of looking for somebody else just too say that I’m being stupid over thinking it and it doesn’t mean anything.
Thanks

I don’t forward chain mails, or at least if it was really good, I would take out the part that adds threatening, guilt-trip text before forwarding. Your story sounds scrupulous anyway. :o

Personally, I kinda link religious chain mail :thumbsup:

http://www.southernswords.co.uk/ekmps/shops/southernswords/images/knights-templar-cape-2885-p.jpg

I would consider such things “junk chain mail” long before I would attach the word “religious” to them. Do not fall for it!

If I see a religiously-themed message/picture such as that which was worth passing on, I would remove any and all such “If-you-don’t-forward-this-baby-Jesus-will-cry” such nonsense. It makes Christians look superstitious.

Personally I consider chain mail superstition and would not share it. Easy to delete it immediately.

Well, I quit forawrding chain mails with one I received which was threatening by being axed to death by some girl zombie that was axed to death as well, or soemthing like that. I mean, I kind of like the logic of the Pascal’s Wager, but sometimes it really goes below the belt. :rolleyes:

Best.
Reply.
Ever! :smiley:

Real spiritual things and Holy things do not begin with.

Psst, hey you. Yeah I mean You.

Chain mail is sooooo 10 years ago anyway.

It is not real. How could it be?
Be logical.

Chain mail is manipulative. Don’t pay any attention to them. Don’t allow anyone make you feel you have to send on to others…etc., etc.

I regard them as superstition, therefore sinful, and delete or destroy them.

It doesn’t matter how good the Kool-Aid is; if it has a trace of cyanide dump it.

I’ve seen this many times before, sometimes it says God instead of angels. I never, never, never forward chain email, especially when it has such bad theology :eek:

1. The angels don’t “fix” anything in our favour. They will comfort and guide us and try to protect us but they don’t fix stuff.
  2. Angels can’t promise us our struggles are over. Even God doesn’t promise us that. He promised to be with us and help us through our struggles.
  3. Angels can’t promise a blessing is coming our way.
  4. We are not being tested on whether or not we pass on an email.

Sometimes I’ll pass on an inspirational message, but if I see “pass this on to everyone” it goes right to my trash.

First of all I’d like to thank you guys for your replies and slapping me into reality, on regards to scrupulous I would say I am, and I feel I am getting over it but some things cause me to stress out and this was one of them, so I’d like to thank you guys I would say I have anxiety and so that goes with the whole stress thing.

Sorry me being a bit stupid here, was just wondering as too why you linked a Templar, sorry if I’m being stupid here just finished an English Literature essay and my brain is kind of Mehhhhhhhhh

Stress and anxiety can really skew our vision. Sometimes we all just need a little reality check. :slight_smile: I pray for an increase of peace in your life. I could use prayers for the same. :o

As a camp counselor, two scouts were fighting over a stick, and asked me to mediate. I snapped the stick in two and threw in the woods. Simply delete unwanted Facebook posts and move on.

Thought this was funny…

I stopped forwarding chain mail of any type whatsoever a long time ago. It is pernicious and irritating.

If I receive a chain mail that has a truly incredible message in it that is genuine and good, I remove all reference to the guilt trip before sending.

wikipedia: Mail (armour)
Chainmail is the flexible metal fabric (made of metal rings like chain) which the knight is wearing.

Catholics have been using a much better system for a long time now, namely praying for help from the Holy Mother and the saints. I suggest you go the “old school” route (pray the Rosary) and ignore the much inferior “new school” route of emails/facebook posts/tweets/etc.

I presume its because the Knights Templar wore Chain mail as you can see in the picture, my favorite these guys Knights Templar, I sometimes listen to there music. Every one a Hero, would have loved to have met one, after my Dad these guys are my hero’s.

Some friends send me religious chain mails and ask me to forward it to 10 or 12 of my friends. I keep telling them not to send me this stuff. It could be someone wanting e-mail addresses… just think how many you just got when the message came in and how many more are going to be out there if you send 12 friends from your address book. Couldn’t it just be a way to garner addresses? I know there are plenty of other ways to get addresses… Anyway, they think I’m awful but I don’t forward chain mails…
but I do feel guilty sometimes…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.