"religious freedom' bill in Georgia

This article came to my attention through an email feed from the National Conference of State Legislatures. It’s about a Georgia bill that would allow businesses to refuse to serve gay couples who had celebrated “matrimonial ceremonies.”

I have mixed feelings about the law because I’d be worried that people could use it to discriminate against me, etc. I know it’s been debated ad nauseam here, but this is a new news item about something that’s happening now.

Warning–the site did start to autoplay a video/audio advertisement–which I find annoying and it disturbs the peace.

ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/bill-lets-businesses-refuse-services-to-gay-couple/np4gW/

It’s nice to see that southern social conservatism has finally found another “other” to rail against after the end of the Civil Rights struggle; it was touch and go there for a while what with Bob Jones University, but I was worried that they were suffering a Jim Crow hangover. Maybe attacking gay marriage will succeed in whipping the rabble into a frenzy as opposed to the failure of the anti-mosque movement, and ensure their relevance for a few years (or months) longer.

Yes, because all us southerners are just so darn stupid and intolerant

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.