Religious orders with "lay orders" or "third orders"?

[quote="FCEGM, post:15, topic:243603"]
I don't think he is, Luigi.

[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote="Young_Thinker, post:20, topic:243603"]
I think that she meant St. Pius X!

[/quote]

I did!! :)

I just got off the phone with the coordinator of the Dominican Laity at the parish my wife and I are planning to join upon our upcoming move. The coordinator has been a Lay Dominican for about 20 years now and apparently they have a new formation group starting this fall. My wife and I are both excited about learning more. :slight_smile:

I appreciate the information provided so far and the thoughts of those of you who have posted. If anyone has additional information, feel free to let me know. I feel as if I may be called to this and am enjoying the discussion.

God Bless!

Jason

[quote="jwinch2, post:23, topic:243603"]
I just got off the phone with the coordinator of the Dominican Laity at the parish my wife and I are planning to join upon our upcoming move. The coordinator has been a Lay Dominican for about 20 years now and apparently they have a new formation group starting this fall. My wife and I are both excited about learning more. :)

I appreciate the information provided so far and the thoughts of those of you who have posted. If anyone has additional information, feel free to let me know. I feel as if I may be called to this and am enjoying the discussion.

God Bless!

Jason

[/quote]

That's wonderful, Jason. God bless you both in your discernment.

[quote="FCEGM, post:24, topic:243603"]
That's wonderful, Jason. God bless you both in your discernment.

[/quote]

Thanks! I've been praying about it quite a bit lately and look forward to learning more.

Peace,

Sorry but I have an other question about them all. Can they wear habits also. When and how?

[quote="popsep, post:26, topic:243603"]
Sorry but I have an other question about them all. Can they wear habits also. When and how?

[/quote]

I do not believe so. Most wear scapulars and I know that Lay Domincans wear a collar cross or pectoral cross depending on their status (novice, temporary professed, permanent professed, etc.). It is my understanding that Lay Dominicans when they die are permitted to be buried in the habit of the order but I have also heard that may be changing though I could be wrong on that one.

Other orders may do things differently...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.