Remembering trauma

I was raped at age 10, and although I’ve dealt with it somewhat with counseling, the memory has been resurfacing the past couple of weeks. This morning after I attended mass I remembered it very vividly, to the point where I almost passed out. I suppose it was a flashback. I am home now, just resting for today. I would really appreciate all of your prayers to help me through this difficult time. Thanks and God bless.

Praying for you Judith…So sorry that you are reliving these terrible memories. I will remember you in my Rosary…take care…

You have all my prayers. May you experience God’s Love and Peace through the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Thanks, I appreciate both of your prayers.

Praying for you …

:gopray:

Father
please heal Susan in her heart body and mind.She has suffered terrible trauma in her life and needs Your love to comfort her and surround her.Please grant her strength and deep faith to carry her throug.Lord please send Your Holy Spirit upon her to heal her in body and mind and to guide her.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Dear Jesus it seems that she is now ready to deal with the trauma in Your presence, that her mind now is ready to walk with this in Your healing love. Jesus please show her how to entrust this awful experience to Your merciful healing.

Our parish has its monthly healing Mass today and I will pray for you at this Mass.

Lord, I pray for Judith. Please, help heal her and make her stronger than ever in faith, hope, and love. Now that she partakes in the sacramental life she can receive so much grace to help her. Please bless her with all the graces she needs to get over the harm done to her when she was a child. May she find someone she can talk to about these flashbacks so she can be completely healed of them and healed of the terrible damage done to her. Please help her to find someone competent to help her with the flashbacks. She’s gone through so much, please help her to find a caring, loving therapist trained in trauma who can be sensitive to her suffering and need for healing. Come Holy Spirit, come to Judith and descend upon her, saturate her with your healing rays of love and peace. Go to those parts of her mind, body, and spirit that have been hurt badly and restore them to perfect health with the saving, loving salve of your goodness. Bless Judith, Lord, and heal her completely. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Thank you all for the prayers, I’m feeling a bit better. Though please continue to pray for me, I think this is going to be something I will struggle with for a while. I’m getting a therapist but it may not be for a couple of weeks and its tough going alone.

Praying for your peace of mind …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I think Church is a good place to be, in the comforting presence of the Blessed Sacrament. Remember the psalm,* praise the Lord who heals the broken hearted*.

Yes Jesus, please heal our dear sister and help her to unite her own suffering with Yours. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Judith, you are in my daily prayer. Someone at my old church went through flashbacks too. It was such a painful time for her. Keep praying and visit the Blessed Sacrament for comfort, strength and peace. Peace be to you!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Still in my prayers… I remember you once posted a bit of your conversion story and I found it so fascinating… take care and know you are in prayer…

I read your conversion story. What a wonderful example of the Love, Power and Awesomeness of Our God. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you are feeling better.

Father please heal your daughter
Our Father who art in heaven
hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil Amen

Praying hard for your happiness and peace of mind.

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions today on behalf of our friend Judith who is reliving a very difficult time in her life, and these memories are interferring with her daily activities. Lord, you love Judith and you want her to be joyful in this life and the next. Please help her to successfully resolve the memories and feelings associated with this very painful event. This event will never go away and should never be minimized, but please help it to be placed in the proper context for where you wish Judith to be heading in your divine plan for her life. Please send Judith compassionate and loving people and therapists to help with the resolution of this recent flashback situation so she may continue on her journey of life with the weight of this event adjusted to allow her to function and find peace and hope in her life. Lord, please hear the persistent prayers of your people for dear Judith, and make this current time a distant memory for her as you fill her life with the many blessings and the great love you have for her.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.;

Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,Jesus
Holy mary Mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.