"Reminder" - First Friday - Feb 3

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

What more can I say, beyond Jesus' words to St. Margaret Mary:

“Behold this heart which has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to the point of spending itself and being consumed to prove its love to them. And in return, I receive from most men only ingratitude because of their irreverence and sacrileges and the coldness and scorn they have for me in this Sacrament of love. But what offends me most is that hearts consecrated to me act in this way. Do thou at least console me by supplying for their ingratitude, as far as thou art able. ” (Underlining is mine for emphasis)

While Jesus may have been speaking of "those consecrated to me" as those consecrated in religious and priestly vocations, I think we can also hear in His words, a call to everyone consecrated by Baptism. How cold are our hearts? What return do we attempt to make to Him Who has loved us so much?

If you would like more information on the First Friday devotion, please see [HERE]("http://www.piercedhearts.org/hearts_jesus_mary/heart_jesus/first_friday_promises.htm")

Thanks.

Thanks, MariaChristi!

Dear Ready and also 244Rocket,

You are both very welcome, and I thank you for your replies. Reparation to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary is important. You may be interested in this link which I just posted in the thread on First Saturday, Feb. 4. It is written by Msgr. Calkins who does well in explaining Reparation in general. See HERE

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.