Removing fear from your life

I think there are parts of our brains that controls fear (e.g. fear of heights, cockroach, or snake etc) but Nik Wallenda (The King of the Wire) was praying and praising God the whole time he was walking the wire.It was amazing and touching the way he put God in every step…

Thoughts?

Hi,
I think to trust in God is in itself a great gift from the Lord. Anxiety is such a huge problem for many people in this age and to let go and leave everything to the Divine Will is very tough but so absolutely necessary.
God bless
www.divinemercypopes.com

To achieve a state of equanimity and inner peace by praising and thanking G-d for both the good and the bad, as well as all the routine tasks and events in between, is something that takes holy inspiration and habitual practice.

Mat 14:27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, Be of good cheer, I AM! Do not fear.
Mat 14:28 And Peter answered Him and said, LORD, if it is You, tell me to come to You on the water.
Mat 14:29 And He said, Come. And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.
Mat 14:30 But seeing that the wind was strong, he was afraid. And beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me!
Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him; and said to him, Little-faith! Why did you doubt?

All Jesus asks is for our trust in Him. And He never fails us.
Trust and you’ll stay on top of the water!
Or on the wire, whichever the case may be. :smiley:

I heard about the guy who prayed while crossing the Grand Canyon on a wire, although I did not see it.

I don’t know much about this guy or his profession; however, I think it is a mistake to do an activity that is very dangerous and expect God to make harm impossible.

What if God is directing us not to do something?

So there has to be a balance, and we have to use all the usual means to minimize risk in any activity including prayer, learning and training, counsel of others, and sometimes walking away and not doing something that we don’t have the time or desire to train for properly.

I would love to learn to fly. However, I know my schedule at present would mean the training that I could devote to flying would make me a mediocre (at best) pilot. Thus, at least for now, I don’t pursue this.

The professional pilots I have known did the activity for as long as they could keep their hours up, and after that they walked away and did not do the activity at all.

And those of us who are getting older, sometimes have to stop doing activities that we don’t have the reflexes to do safely anymore.

Love, for the sake of the other, overcomes fear easily.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.