Reoccuring dream about the Eucharist-please read

I keep on having these dreams (much much better than the nightmares i was having) about the Eucharist. Ok here it goes
Ist dream: i was in my parish (it looked like my old Protestant church, but it was Catholic. Everyone was receving Eucharist. I got so upset that I was the only one not able to rreceive becasue i wasnt baptized yet. (this is actually true in real life-im the only one who doesnt receive in my parish) i was so upset in the dream that i turned around so i wouldnt have to watch other people receiving. then as everyone is leaving i was sitting there alone. the church was so bright, the sun was pouring in through the window and casting light where and around where i was sitting, then my priest comes up to me. i knew he was feeling sorry for me, so he (this is all in the dream) hands me a peice of bread. the bread is NOT consecrated. i stand up and hand it back to him and said that i wanted to wait until i could REALLY receive Jesus in the Eucharist. i was almost irritated with him in the dream after he handed me an unconsecrated host.

2nd dream (i had this one this morning): i was sitting in my parish (it look exactly like my parish) ad i was watching everyone receive. and then as my priest was finishing he walks over to me and hands me a CONSECRATED Host. i try to hand it back saying "no im not baptized i cant receieve) he says that i can and he administors to me as if i were receiving in my mouth. as soon as the Host touched my tongue i woe up, but i didnt just wake up at almost flew up in bed and sucked in my breath really hard.

now i would never receive Eucharist until i am allowed to, never. but what do you guys think about all of this?

[quote="MaeganFlinchum1, post:1, topic:305022"]
what do you guys think about all of this?

[/quote]

I think you are looking forward to your day of confirmation with great anticipation. I was there not long ago and can understand what you're going through. I had similar dreams leading up to my own confirmation.
Dreams involving the Eucharist are awesome. I remember not long ago I prayed before I went to sleep that Jesus would be in my dreams, and that night I had a really cool dream involving the Eucharist.
I prayed that prayer last night too, but then remember only having some really strange dream about hair metal bands and then woke up this morning with some awful glam-metal song from the 80's in my head. :D

Anyway. Cherish this time of formation. Your day of confirmation will be great when you do receive Christ in the Eucharist.

God bless.

[quote="Nigel7, post:2, topic:305022"]
I think you are looking forward to your day of confirmation with great anticipation. I was there not long ago and can understand what you're going through. I had similar dreams leading up to my own confirmation.
Dreams involving the Eucharist are awesome. I remember not long ago I prayed before I went to sleep that Jesus would be in my dreams, and that night I had a really cool dream involving the Eucharist.
I prayed that prayer last night too, but then remember only having some really strange dream about hair metal bands and then woke up this morning with some awful glam-metal song from the 80's in my head. :D

Anyway. Cherish this time of formation. Your day of confirmation will be great when you do receive Christ in the Eucharist.

God bless.

[/quote]

im just soooo happy and excited at the thought :D

Maegan,

What a touching dream. Until you are able to receive our Lord in Sacrament, you can make an act of Spiritual Communion. While it obviously isn't the same, when said in piety it does impart some grace such that your soul is prepared to receive.

[quote="SonCatcher, post:4, topic:305022"]
Maegan,

What a touching dream. Until you are able to receive our Lord in Sacrament, you can make an act of Spiritual Communion. While it obviously isn't the same, when said in piety it does impart some grace such that your soul is prepared to receive.

[/quote]

Thank You :D I'm planning on saying it from now on!

I think the dreams reflect what is in your heart. Your old church gave you God, but was weak because they didn't give you Jesus in communion. It wasn't enough...

The Catholic Church will give you Jesus in the Eucharist, but you must be ready. You must prepare.

The Eucharist is kinda like sex in marriage. God wants us to be in unity, and lovingly commit to each other for life, before enjoying the marital embrace. So too your baptism brings you into the family (Church) which Jesus founded for you. Your confirmation is your comitment.

It sounds as if you look forward to your wedding day! Welcome to the family.

Dreams are different than visions. Dreames often help us to resolve our problems, wants and desires at a sub-conscience level. Very often answers can come to us as we dream. A vision would be a communication from God, His Holy Mother or from His Angel Messenger. We will know the difference from a dream or a vision in most instances. I often wake up from a dream laughing; I just can't remember what was so funny! Well, gosh darn it. I wish I could, but I know it was just a dream. Do you know you can control your dreams to some extent by what you are thinking as you go to bed? So I pray just before I hit the pillow and I always, "almost," always, have good, spiritual dreams and sleep well. PAX

[quote="Nigel7, post:2, topic:305022"]

God bless.

[/quote]

A dream about hair metal bands from the 80's? That's no dream, that's a nightmare! Great... now I have some really awful songs going round and round in my head :p

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.