Rep. Paul Ryan now supports gay adoption

GOP Rep. Paul Ryan reportedly has changed his views and now says he believes gay couples should be able to adopt children.

Asked at a town-hall-style meeting Monday in Wisconsin about the issue, Ryan said he would “vote differently these days” and still opposes gay marriage. In 1999, the congressman voted in favor of banning same-sex couples in the District of Columbia from adopting.

“I do believe that if there are children who are orphans who do not have a loving person or couple … I think if a person wants to love and raise a child, they ought to be able to do that. Period. I would vote that way,” Ryan says, according to video posted on the liberal Think Progress website.

usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2013/04/30/paul-ryan-gay-adoption/2124877/

And people ask why there are so many threads about homosexuality. It’s because it’s constantly pushed in everyone’s face in the news and every place else. It’s like what the coverage used to be of the OJ and Michael Jackson trials, or like the top ten songs on the Pop music chart get over-played on the radio. The mainstream media latches onto a topic and then won’t let go. :shrug:

That’s why I think we have to have discussions about it in CAFs so that we can discuss it in light of the infallible teachings of the Catholic Church.

Well the issue is a very hot topic in many places in the world during this times so that’s only to be expected.

That said, I think it is important for Catholics to discuss the issue.

I agree. But I get tired of the constant bombardment of it in every day life outside of these forums. It’s even up in your face on magazine covers at the grocery store checkout line. If it wasn’t talked about so much everywhere else we would have to talk about it so much here.

GOP Rep. Paul Ryan reportedly has changed his views and now says he believes gay couples should be able to adopt children.

Asked at a town-hall-style meeting Monday in Wisconsin about the issue, Ryan said he would “vote differently these days” and still opposes gay marriage. In 1999, the congressman voted in favor of banning same-sex couples in the District of Columbia from adopting.

“I do believe that if there are children who are orphans who do not have a loving person or couple … I think if a person wants to love and raise a child, they ought to be able to do that. Period. I would vote that way,” Ryan says, according to video posted on the liberal Think Progress website.

A same-sex couple accused of sexually abusing their adopted children are facing trial after withdrawing from a plea agreement as they are facing new allegations of molestation . . .

But the agreement fell apart at the last moment when the defendants learned of a new allegation of abuse made against Harasz by one of the alleged victims, the Hartford Courant reported.

The case was thrown into further turmoil after additional allegations of abuse came to light involving three other of the nine children adopted by the Connecticut men.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2305125/Gay-couple-accused-molesting-9-adopted-children-withdraw-guilty-plea-decide-trial-fight-allegations.html

The original article is a bit precarious, comes from statements at a Town Hall Meeting. We will have to see exactly what Paul Ryan said.

The video is conclusive.

Paul Ryan? Really? :confused: Wow! :eek: all I can think of is Wow! :eek:

Ryan also states in the same video he supports sodomite civil unions.

U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan–Some “Conservative”. :rolleyes:

He sounds more like a Liberal Conservative to me. :smiley:

No hon, he’s just a politician… :smiley:

:thumbsup: It’s all about the vote.

Rep Ryan needs some education. I thought I could support him, but no longer. He caved. Where is his bishop to help him along on this?

This is a little hard to believe coming from Paul Ryan. Then again, he is mainly a fiscal conservative, but still…Further, he supports gay adoption but NOT gay marriage. Does that make much sense? Of course, politicians don’t need to make sense.

Should I feel beyond horrified?

His Ayn Randism is showing IMO.

:thumbsup:

Not surprising. I thought, he and Romney were going to be the saviors of this country. :rolleyes: They’re all the same: Catholic, pro-life and pro-traditional marriage when it suits them.

Ain’t that a kick in the head for ya?:rolleyes:

A politician is a politician is a politician…hopefully some will finally “get it”.:shrug:

:yup:

My how the praises at CAF for Paul Ryan have changed since last November…amazing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.