Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., says he will not run for president in 2016

Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., says he will not run for president in 2016 nbcnews.to/14MEN3H

Hes young-he has plenty of time.

Good for him. Ryan may be the only sane one in the lot. Who on earth would want to President at a time in history like this? Or perhaps he’s just waiting for a better opportunity in 2020.

I like him, but he need executive experience. He has been in DC too long in the same position.

If Scott Walker runs for President, maybe Ryan could run for Governor of Cheddarland.

LOVE Paul Ryan. In a world of disingenuous, bloviaters, he’s a sincere man who actually KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT…what a concept. He can describe various issues in economics and despite the specious and hateful attacks on his proposals, he continues to calmly speak the truth about the ever expanding debt and the horrible financial legacy we will leave if we don’t change our approach to these entitlements.

That being said, he’s far more valuable in the Senate and on Senate Finance. Plus has has been noted, Senators don’t seem to have the skill set to lead. What makes a good Senator, negotiating, communicating and convincing others is NOT leading. We can see what a disaster the endless dithering of the current administration has done both domestically and in foreign policy.

I like Paul Ryan too. I still think he and Romney made a good team.

I don’t know that we’ve ever had someone from the House successfully run for President while still being in the House. :shrug:

Interesting question. I don’t know either. Calling all Presidential historians!

Ladies and Gentlemen - your next Secretary of the Treasury.*

Ironically, this decision might enhance a later run for the Presidency, as he is young.

He may or may not endorse anyone in particular until the GOP nominee is named, but as the conservative who ran with Romney, he might have an easier time of getting the so-called GOP moderates behind him than some other conservatives.

His dropping out is a boon to the remaining conservative candidates, particularly in Iowa.
Who will the people who would have caucused for Ryan go to now?

A lack of money and a national organization would have hampered Ryan in actually GETTING the nomination in 2016. His best chance might have been if Romney had declared he was not running and anointed Ryan as his successor.

OR if the GOP had so many options that no candidate got close to the nominating delegate numbers … whereupon Ryan might have been the perfect compromise candidate (already vetted and supported on a national ticket … albeit a losing one).

Too bad Wisconsin’s Democratic Senate Seat doesn’t come open until 2018 - Ryan would make a good Senator too.

Maybe he’s bucking to be the replacement for Huckabee on Fox! Lol. :wink:

• or considering his initials, perhaps Press Secretary. :blushing:

Garfield.

Thank you. I just read he was in the House for nine consecutive terms, so Ryan has a way to go. And look what happened to Garfield a few months after becoming President!

Amazing isn’t it? I don’t think I could last 9 minutes in today’s climate without ripping all my hair out let alone 9 terms.

Interesting thing about Garfield- he’s the only man to be a sitting representative, senator elect and president elect at the same time. Not relevant to the conversation, but I know odd things like that. As far as Paul Ryan goes, I’d vote for him in a heartbeat. I can see him running in 2020 if the dems win, or 2024 if the GOP wins in 2016…

At first I thought Emperor Napolean was talking about Garfield the cat! :smiley: it has been a long day!

LOLOL Perhaps so! I’ve been told that cat really got around.

Me too for the first second or two! Shows you the influence of pop culture!

:rotfl:

And before Garfield the Cat … there was Garfield GOOSE!*

A top rated children’s show in Chicago, circa 1950’s and '60s.

Garfield Goose as you (may or may not) know was the (one and only) …

**** – KING of the United States.*
HE was not shot.

He was eventually cancelled.

Ryan lives to run another day. :wink: :smiley:

Hot dogs, hamburgers, spaghetti and meatballs!

With apologies to those not from Chicago.

My kids were addicted to the “Bozo show” which was on WGN

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.