Repentence - Help!

Perhaps I’m too lazy, too, but here is a Protestant’s question, concerning repentence. Could you answer his question for me? Feel free to expand if you wish.

"I am too lazy to look, where are you when I need you, but I know it says somewhere in the BIble unrepentent sin turns one into toast.

Jesus died, that deed is done, yet sin is not forgiven till one acknowledges it, and asks Jesus to wash it away.
No one is saved but by hm, that does not mean an all are saved without the one work they must do, acknowledge him."

I don’t understand the question.

Evidentally I’ve been very tired, too. Sorry! A protestant friend, basically agrees that one must ask God for the forgiveness of sins, and that sins are not forgiven past, present and future.

He wanted a scriptural reference to that belief?

Your friend wants a verse that says we are not saved until we proclaim our belief in Jesus Christ and that proclomation releases us from sin?

I don’t know of a verse that says that, though I can think of one that says baptism now saves us, and another that says repent and be baptised.

Is the topic salvation? or confession? or baptism? :confused:

Your friend wants a verse that says we are not saved until we proclaim our belief in Jesus Christ and that proclomation releases us from sin?

Romans 10:9That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

That’s the one Timmy Z. Thanks all!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.