Replacement Theology on Family TV

As far as persecution, I’m talking about people who live there.

The problem is that Jesus did not commit suicide.

Had the religious Jews not pursuit His Crucifixion the Roman empire would have seen Jesus and His Ministry as ‘another Jew branching out as a head rabbi; set the dogs on them, throw some cold water on them and let them sort it out on their own.’

However, the religious would not have none of that; they even threatened Pontius Pilate to oust him as he seem to have accepted “that Jew” as his king–they on the other hand would have no king but Caesar!:

15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar. (John 19)

The problem with the likes of Reagan is that they must remain true to their dogma (protestation against the Church Founded by Christ) even and in spite of going against that which they claim as their sole law (Scriptures as their Authority):

10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? 11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin. (St. John 19)

It would be nice to put it all on the Romans, wouldn’t it? …or to at least blame Judas, one of Jesus’ own followers, as the culprit.

But any person with commonsense would understand that Jesus is referring to the one person that had the authority among the Jews to request Roman intervention:

12 Then the detachment of soldiers with its commander and the Jewish officials arrested Jesus. They bound him 13 and brought him first to Annas, who was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, the high priest that year. 14 Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jewish leaders that it would be good if one man died for the people. (St. John 18)

So we have the Jewish religious head seeking Jesus’ death, at any cost!

Yet, even if we veer away from Caiaphas and attempt to find some other “he” both Judas and Herod are only marginally involved as the force behind Jesus Crucifixion:

3 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders. 4 “I have sinned,” he said, “for I have betrayed innocent blood.” (St. Matthew 27)
11 And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate. (St. Luke 23)

Although, these two can be said to have represented the Jews: a) Judas–those who did not Believe in Christ, and b) Herod–fully representative of the Jewish people as he was their acting king.

Continued on part II

Continued from part I

Still, Jesus makes reference to “he” who has turn Him over to the Romans; there’s no escaping this:

1 Early in the morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people made their plans how to have Jesus executed. 2 So they bound him, led him away and handed him over to Pilate the governor… 4…“What is that to us?” they replied. “That’s your responsibility.” …6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, “It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money.” 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter’s field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: “They took the thirty pieces of silver, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter’s field, as the Lord commanded me.” (St. Matthew 27)
66 And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led him into their council… (St. Luke 22)
1 And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him unto Pilate. 2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King… 20 Pilate therefore, willing to release Jesus, spake again to them. 21 But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. 22 And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him go. 23 And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed. 24 And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required. (St. Luke 23)

So yeah, Reagan is indeed a revisionist as he wants to project replacement theology onto the One Body of Christ!

Maran atha!

Angel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.