Report: Jussie Smollett Indicted in Chicago Over Alleged Hate Hoax Attack

Report: Jussie Smollett Indicted in Chicago Over Alleged Hate Hoax Attack

jussie-smollett-persons-interest

Chicago Police, Maury Phillips/Getty Images for BET

DAVID NG

11 Feb 2020 Breitbart News

Jussie Smollett has reportedly been indicted by a special prosecutor in Chicago over last year’s alleged hate hoax in which the Empire actor claimed he was beaten by two men in MAGA hats who yelled racial and homophobic slurs at him.

Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb, who said that “further prosecution of Jussie Smollett is ‘in the interest of justice’,” according to multiple published reports. The indictment against Smollett includes six counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly making four separate false reports.

The Hollywood star is due back in court on February 24.

Smollett has maintained that he was assaulted in the early hours of January 29, 2019, claiming that his assailants poured bleach on him and put a rope around his neck. But in the following weeks, his claims unraveled in spectacular fashion as mounting evidence indicated that Smollett paid two Nigerian extras from Empire to stage the attack in a bid to advance his career.

Prosecutors have alleged that Smollett staged the attack because he was unhappy with his job on Empire. They alleged that Smollett was unhappy with the studio’s response to a threatening letter he received at work.

Despite the growing case against him, prosecutors mysteriously dropped all charges against Smollett in March. The decision angered police officials . . . .

Also related . . .

(Notice incidentally. That Google HAS Jussie’s emails to turn over.
Remember that the next time YOU write an email.)

Also related . . .

Nancy Grace: Jussie Smollett has created doubt for future hate crimes

Feb. 13, 2020 - 5:11 - Fox Nation host and former prosecutor Nancy Grace reacts to Jussie Smollett’s indictment charges.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6132050776001?playlist_id=5198073478001#sp=show-clips

I am glad someone finally brought justice to this
investigation.

There are too many hate crime hoaxes which makes it harder for a real victim of a hate crime to be believed.

4 Likes

Me too, but I remain perplexed at their response, that Chicago is perusing him with a vengeance.

The prosecutor is the one that should be investigated with a vengeance.

=====
I’m confident Chicago isn’t acting to support Trump’s PR plan.

2 Likes

I agree. Kim Foxx should be investigated. She seems to think laws only apply to some. Others are above the
law. @Theo520

3 Likes

Hoaxes and fake news like Jussie Smollet’s are evil in that they dishonestly create misguided general hatred toward Trump supporters. And the Leftist media automatically initially trusted the fake story, and damaged the reputation of Trump supporters.

3 Likes

Tucker #FoxNews

Tucker sounds off on new Jussie Smollett developments

Published on Feb 18, 2019

Tucker: Hate hoaxes make ethnic groups fear and distrust each other. #Tucker #FoxNews

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.