Report on Medjugorje is not imminent, Vatican says

catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=16440

I saw a moderator shut down someone asking about when the Vatican would release it’s findings on Medjugorje. No “messages” were mentioned, yet the thread was still shut down. Have the rules changed? I thought discussion about this was ok, as long as “messages” were not discussed. It certainly is something that is happening in the church, especially when the Vatican is involved, and thousands are waiting to hear the answer. I’m just wondering if closing the thread was just to stop what might have ended up being a discussion that became divisive, or if no one is allowed to even mention Medjugorje on here anymore.

Moderator?

I reread the banned topic list, and it said that “promoting” apparitions that haven’t been approved was banned. I’m just wondering why mentioning the fact that the results from the Vatican’s investigation haven’t been published yet or should be coming soon is enough to get the thread shut down.

Please make sure if you change the rules about this, that you post it, so everyone will know. Thanks!!

These threads tend to have people promoting, if the thread avoids that, I will leave it open. As soon as it crosses the line, it will be closed.

“release of the report is not imminent.” Pretty much sums it up.

Ok, thanks, Robert!

I know personally I can get impatient; but I am really glad we have a Church that makes sure they get it right…even if that means it takes some more time.

Thanks for sharing the article. I had not seen it, but have been curious.

I wish people cared as much about going to Mass and Confession, as they do about unapproved private revelations. Too many people are into the sensational today, as if the miracle of the Lord in the Eucharist is just not enough. Our Risen Lord comes to us every Mass in the Eucharistic Species, in His Real Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity…that is a miracle that happens across the globe every single day…in fact it is likely happening happen somewhere right now. Yet, God coming to earth every single day is simply not enough.

Sigh

Rome will rule, and faithful Catholics will obey/acccept. However, let us keep an eye on what is doing right now!

A tree is identified by its fruit. If a tree is good, its fruit will be good. If a tree is bad, its fruit will be bad

Mt 12:33

But also we know that Antichrist will perform great signs and miracles to deceive, if possible, even the elect. :shrug:

In the presence of different kinds of fruits, let us pray that the Holy Spirit enlighten in a special way the commission studying Medjugorje, and that He confirm in the faith all the faithful who are not necessarily willing to accept a negative opinion from the Holy See with the necessary humbleness and obedience.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.