Report: Rick Santorum to suspend his campaign tonight

Another GOP departure: CNN has learned Rick Santorum will exit race tonight. Plans endorsement.

twitter.com/JohnKingCNN/status/694956445289340930

I wish more Catholics would have gotten behind him.

I just voted for him in an online poll;

This is thinning the field.

Perhaps these “minor”, no offense meant, candidates like Santorum and Paul will get out to form a sort of hedge against the frontrunner. It does seem Governor Walker, when he left the race urged people to vote for “other than the frontrunner”.

I like Santorum a lot. Maybe it is not his time.

He’s still in the race? I thought he quit already :doh2: Oh, that was the ‘last’ race :rolleyes:
Here we go again. I believe all the states should have their primaries on the same day. Fair, no bias. At least those of us with later primaries can vote and not have to deal with the dregs at the bottom of the barrel, yuck.

He was my guy last time. I wish he could get more support.

It wasn’t his time the last time either. Even though that time he won the IA caucus. So I’m starting to think no time will be his time.

He’ll endorse someone it sounds like.

Let’s not forget, he and Huckabee went to Trump’s telethon so perhaps that does not mean they will endorse someone counter to Trump.

Wish someone would convince Jeb Bush to drop out. This was just sad.

boston.com/news/politics/2016/02/03/jeb-bush-unimpressed-new-hampshire-crowd-please-clap/pQpAFo4aH4wdp8kLYSlx6O/story.html?p1=story_hp

I feel like he thought that if he stuck around long enough the old GOP establishment would finally come back to him. It hasn’t worked out that way. I mean if Rand Paul could see the writing on the wall after his performance in Iowa, you think Jeb would be able to given he fared far worse.

He’s seems to be a good man and a faithful Catholic. But it is time to thin the herd as they say, and whittle down the field to a manageable number of candidates.

He was my guy last time; now supporting the other, young, Catholic, prolife, rational-on-immigration candidate.

Me too. Hope so. Sad to hear the news, but its expected and understandable. :frowning:

Its nice having at least one decent man to route for in politics. Its inspiring and gives hope.

A shame. A man of faith who has walked the walk.:frowning:

Santorum has endorsed Rubio.

Yes, I heard someone say that. Well, this settles who he was going to endorse. Thanks.

I just saw that on Greta when he was being interviewed. I’m glad he endorsed Rubio.

Perhaps his blue collar style might work better as Governor of Pennsylvania or he could be meant to rematch Bob Casey. He can also engage people of faith with issues like pro-life causes. Or maybe’s he’s called to do something better.

I wish there were more Republicans like him though. While I don’t approve of overspending, here are people who need social programs like maternal health, adoption assistance, foster care, substance abuse treatment and employment support services. Can’t there be a balance between both limited government, fiscal responsibility and prudential and preferential assistance for the poor and vulnerable through quality human and social services?

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.