Report: Satanic Temple in Ottawa plans to hold first black mass in Canada August 17

I don’t have any objections to this. I believe that people should have the right to practice their faith, regardless of how blasphemous it may be.

Do you have a problem if Satanists use a consecrated host?

Nope. I’m not a catholic, so I don’t view the Host as being the flesh of Christ.

So you don’t believe in respecting others’ religion? I’m not every religion except for Catholic and I wouldn’t commit sacrilege against any of them. Besides the point it’s a crime if they have a consecrated host. If they have it they stole it.

4 Likes

Once again, I sincerely doubt this is a serious attempt at a Black Mass. I will pray that my impression is correct.

1 Like

By His sacrifice on the cross, Jesus defeated sin and death. The devil is a loser. Those who follow him are in darkness. But they desecrate themselves, not our magnificent, all-powerful God.

It was easy. I learned that more than 60 years ago.

Well, it appears that child sacrifice might be back on the table for discussion then.

So, you have no problem with other people stealing a holy object, and defiling it? (at the very least).
You wouldn’t think that’s “unkind”, or “intolerant”, or just plan rude, or some such thing?
Would you be okay with Satanists (real or pretend) stealing a holy object from a Jewish ritual, or Hindu ritual etc. then publicly using it in their own ritual on purpose to defile it?

3 Likes

No, its been going on wholesale in the U.S. for 40 years now.

1 Like

Just adding to it - it shows Catholics have it right as they copy our mass except they desecrate the host and it has to be a blessed host - do they steal them?- not the kind of thing a Catholic would want to use apologetically though Lol.

It makes a good argument for not allowing people to receive in the hand, at any rate.

1 Like

Interesting angle. You never hear of satanists performing a ‘black protestant service’.

1 Like

Father Son Holy Spirit, Blessed Mother Mary, all Holy Saints and Angels please help any who think about going to this horrible thing is a good idea to NOT get anything from it and to NEVER even try to do anything in relation to this type of activity. Please surround and protect all of them from satan and all his evil ways.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.