Report: VA hospital left body in shower room for 9 hours

Remember folks, “Government is simply the word we use for things we choose to do together”, like leave veterans to decompose in a shower.

bigstory.ap.org/article/db1ac36498814b63ac05e4ab20609f98/report-va-hospital-left-body-shower-room-9-hours

:eek: That is awful!

Maybe Romney could turn the VA around, the same way he turned the Olympics around.

Praying for the repose of this Veteran’s soul.

That’s the attitude of the current administration. They don’t care if veterans die, nor do they care whether or not their remains are treated with due respect…As long as the buildings have solar panels, that’s all that matters.

baypines.va.gov/BAYPINES/news/projects/SolarSystem.asp

January 20, 2017 cannot come soon enough!

:harp:
O come, O come Inauguration Day
And ransom captive U.S.A.
:harp:

This reminds me of something the Pope said:

Disinformation is probably the greatest damage that the media can do, as opinion is guided in one direction, neglecting the other part of the truth. And then, I believe that the media should be very clear, very transparent, and not fall prey – without offence, please – to the sickness of coprophilia, which is always wanting to communicate scandal, to communicate ugly things, even though they may be true. And since people have a tendency towards the sickness of coprophagia, it can do great harm.

I just read there is pressure to keep Obama’s VA Secretary, by the veterans. It sounds like he is making real progress.
theblaze.com/news/2016/12/12/veterans-groups-ask-trump-to-keep-va-secretary-bob-mcdonald/

Did anyone else notice how the veteran was referred to as “it” twice in this link?

Something has to change, this is just yet another story of disgrace. I am hoping that the next administration will make some real changes.

Considering all the regulations that weren’t followed on behalf of a deceased patient, I shudder to think of the ones that aren’t followed for living ones.

Praying for the repose of the veteran’s soul…

First of all, a body will not decompose in 9 hours. The shower may have been the coolest and quietest area in which to place to the body while awaiting for transferring the body to a funeral home or waiting to notify relatives. There are certain procedures that must be applied(paper work) before transferring a body. The funeral homes(s) may have been responsible for the delaying the transferring of the Vet for some reason. And secondly, these delays occur in public and charitable hospitals, as well, on occasion.

I am not keen on Vet. hospitals, but without all the facts involved, I can not judge. God bless our Vets, old and young, one and all.

Mary Estelle, the body was left unattended for 9 hours. Whether it decomposed or not is not the issue. The issue is the handling of the deceased veteran. Someone did not do their job according to the link provided, because someone refused to give the proper sign off.

We don’t need to judge, the facts are the facts in this case. As quoted from the link:

“The Tampa Bay Times on Sunday (bit.ly/2goW2NK ) reported that an internal investigation concluded that staff at the Bay Pines VA Healthcare System failed to provide appropriate post-mortem care to the veteran’s body.”

A professional bureaucrat once admonished me and said, “We have procedures.”

[Meaning that the results are unimportant … as long as their procedures are followed.]

Except that in this case, if procedure had been followed, this would not have happened.

We now appear to live in “Bizarro World” where a real deceased veteran left in a real shower at a real VA hospital is “fake news”, but wild speculation by political partisans about “election hacking” with no evidence is “real news”. How long before we start seeing Pope Francis in a goatee?

(yes, I do realize I’m mixing my fictional universes)

:thumbsup:

It breaks down really easily:

Hurts Republicans/Helps Democrats - real news

Hurts Democrats/Helps Republicans - fake news

Remember, when people start pushing for single-payer and universal healthcare, this is what it looks like…

I see that you and Denise either did not carefully read or did not comprehend the post I was responded to. The news that the veteran was left in a shower is real. The analysis that this is the attitude of the administration is false. A half truth, as the Pope might say.

To the hacking story, I believe that the Democrats and Republicans in Congress with access to classified information (that the public doesn’t have access to) are concerned, so an investigation is in order. I remember when the Republicans used to not trust the Russians, now their your best friends? What happened, comrade?

2 Fired after Body Was Left in Shower at VA Hospital

Ahh, that old progressive conceit, when someone disagrees with you it’s because they’re too stupid to understand your brilliance. Hold on to that conceit. Hold it tight. It will comfort you for the next 8 years.

No, the analysis is not false. The current administration has a well documented history of a casual attitude toward lack of treatment for our veterans. Systemic neglect of our veterans is being ignored, while great efforts and great expense are being put toward political stunts such as solar panels on VA hospitals.

To the hacking story, I believe that the Democrats and Republicans in Congress with access to classified information (that the public doesn’t have access to) are concerned, so an investigation is in order. I remember when the Republicans used to not trust the Russians, now their your best friends? What happened, comrade?

Now, if anyone wants fake news, there it is. The Republicans are not “best friends” (and by the way, it is “they’re” not “their”) with the Russians. That claim is the real fake news.

Let’s look at who is really friends with the Russians. When Russia invaded the Ukraine in March 2014, what did the current administration do about it? Answer: nothing. It’s in Russia’s best interest for the U.S. to have a Democrat in the White House. They know this, and so does everyone else.

And let’s not forget what classified information we’re talking about. Classified information that the then-Secretary of State illegally removed (or caused to be removed) from secure locations, then illegally stored on a private server in the basement of her private home, illegally granted access to persons without security clearances, then illegally deleted after being served with a subpoena. And by the way, since those emails are government property, it’s also illegal to delete them. When her criminal activity was made public, she lied about it again and again.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.