Reporter Vows To 'kill Self' If Cheney Runs For President

Drudge Report
Thu Jul 28 2005 15:32:13 ET

Veteran wire reporter Helen Thomas is vowing to ‘kill herself’ if Dick Cheney announces he is running for president.

The newspaper HILL first reported the startling claim on Thursday.

MORE

“The day Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I’ll kill myself,” she told the HILL. “All we need is one more liar.”

Thomas added, “I think he’d like to run, but it would be a sad day for the country if he does.”

drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

Is that a threat? or a promise? :rolleyes:

I thought she retired! She is sooo offensive and crass.

[quote=AmyS]Is that a threat? or a promise? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

How many of those hollywood stars that threatened to leave if Bush won actually did? It’s empty, either way. I can understand people being melodramatic in a conversation with friends, but in a newspaper? All this does is to discredit those who say things like this.

Promises, promises. But do they ever deliver on them? Nooo.http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Helen Thomas is 834 years old. Near as old as Methuselah. God may offer to take her first (not that I wish death on anyone).

Given the state of Cheney’s health, he wouldn’t get enough support from enough other Republicans for the rigors of a presidential campaign, even if he wanted to run.

We never did find out what Clinton was hiding, did we? Always refused to release his medical records. Another double standard. If a Republican refused, the media would never stop asking for them (and hinting something unpleasant was in them).

Liberals tried to use Cheney’s health to bleed off GOP voters. A despicable tactic. But typical. They never gave a thought to the tens of thousands of other Americans with the same condition Cheney has who live full productive lives. Liberals didn’t care if their rhetoric upset them and their families. Anything for votes.

Helen Thomas in happier days:

Mr. President, the Republicans want to take away school lunches from poor children to give tax cuts to the rich. What will you do to stop them?

And today:

Mr. President, why do you want to drop bombs on innocent women and child and kill them?

This reminds me of how G.K. Chesterton used to walk around with a gun in his pocket, and, when anybody sighed that life just wasn’t worth living, he’d pull out the gun and offer to help–“always,” he said, “with the most satisfactory results.”

It’s hard to understand why Helen Thomas is revered by the press corp when her main accomplishment is asking rude, "have you stopped beating you wife’, nonsensical questions.

Helen Thomas hardly represents genteel, intelligent women. Instead she supports FFRF, the Freedom From Religion Foundation, and NOW, a harpy crew who believe that freedom means finding out what sort of licentiousness fits their life style.

Thread closed

Reason: lack of charity

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.