Repose of the soul - Tyler - lost fight with cancer

Please pray for Tyler and his family.

This young 13 year old boy had brain cancer and underwent treatment (alongside my 12 year old son who had the same cancer) last year. On Sunday May 6th my son went back to St. Jude for his first checkup. On Sunday, Tyler lost his battle with the same disease.

He was a wonderful friend and his family are beautiful people. He was quick with a smile and wit beyond his young years.

While undergoing treatment for cancer, Tyler collected his Christmas gift money, bought several bicycles, and went to the local radio station in Memphis to start a campaign to give bikes to the needy children for the holidays. He was and is an angel with courage, charm, and grace and a good shepherd to all who knew him.

We will miss you Tyler and pray for your family through this difficult time. May peace and the Lord’s mercy be with them.

Oh my. I don’t know what to say. I’ll pray for the repose of his soul, and pray that God comfort his family and friends in their grief.

What an inspiration Tyler was, and is. May God grant him peace and his family comfort. And may God grant your son health and your family happiness. Amen

:crossrc: I will pray. God rest his soul. He must have had other plans for Tyler. :yup: Maybe he is the family’s heavenly Prayer Warrior now, only God knows. I will pray for his soul and, most importantly, his family at this very difficult time. :frowning:

May God shower Tyler’s family with all the graces they will need to get through this tragedy. I will be praying for his soul, too.

:frowning: An angel indeed! Fervent prayers for his family.:gopray2:

*This child shall receive a blessing from the Lord and mercy from God his Saviour: because this is the generation of them that seek the Lord. Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and light perpetual shine on him *

:gopray: :gopray:

Oh my God… :frowning: I’m praying for him. :gopray2: Give him, oh Lord, the eternal rest, between the spendors of the perpetual light. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Thank you all for your continued prayers.

Tyler and his family live in the Olympia, WA area.

We miss him dearly and I haven’t yet had the courage to tell my son about his friend. Lord, give me the strength.

My family will dedicate our rosary to Tyler tonight.

*Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.

May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
AMEN.

Our Father in Heaven
Holy be Your Name
Your Kingdom come
Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
Do not bring us to the test
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.

May he rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.