Reprint of Mormon Text

[size=3]Reprint of Mormon Text [/size]
[size=3][/size]
[size=3]
“Mormon faith, one of the fastest growing churches in America.” Can this be true ?
[/size]

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20041115/od_nm/media_mormons_dc

Sure why not. With American’s fascination with the bottom line, why not be drawn to a religion where they can change the rules when they want to make sure that the religion keeps pace with society.

This reminds me of Jimmy Akin’s article, “'The Fastest-Growing’ Fallacy”. The Letter to the Editor is humorous, too.

Why not? Everything that the Mormon Church offers seems to be what we would want as humans? The ability to be able to forever progress like we do here. To have a body as we have now, to be able to Procreate in a sexual relationship as we do here. The best example of why we should not go down this path is what Jesus showed us in the desert. Everything offered seemed good. Food! Money! Leadership! Etc… The problem with those things offered then was that they were not offered by God. All offers designed to take you and I away from God into something that appears better. This is at the heart of the Fall of Mankind. God offers us an eternal relationship with himself, the very relationship that Christ has always had with the Father. . Everything else will be non existent as it cannot live apart from its creator.
God Bless
www.catholic-rcia.com

Well, since i know nothing of mormonism, I may check that book out. It would be interesting to read what they believe in. The religion makes entirely no sense to me. this is not a bash but, I could never believe that God resides on another planet. But I would love to learn why they think this is so.

I don’t see what is wrong with them selling their book. The bible is available in any book store, so should the Book of Mormon.

as a recovering mormon, may i suggest that you save your money and get one for free. or you can look up LDS bookstores and buy one for just a couple of dollars. the commentary will be useless soon as many LDS books, including the N.T. have been ‘corrected’.

I have been finding more and more LDS literature in bookstores. I was browsing the books at Costco the other day, only to find several different Bible editions. And what was sitting right next to them???..That’s right! The Book of Mormon!

Mormonism does present a challenge to Catholicism much like the challenge of secularism. That’s because Mormonism is secularism cloaked in a religious form. Mormon teachings FOLLOW secular teachings…the LDS church continuously and slowly morphs it’s doctrine to match secular beliefs and attitudes and then claims it’s all God’s will through revelation. It’s been happening since 1896. Even “the most perfect book ever produced” (the Book of Mormon) has been changed by God through revelation. Can God produce a book so perfect even he can’t improve on it??? Apparently he can’t…Pretty neat trick.

Sarcophagus, If you are wanting to learn what mormons currently believe the Book of Mormon won’t be a lot of use. They take most of their teachings from Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price.

Everyone. The Mormons like to boast of their fantastic growth rate, but what they don’t tell you is about their revolving door. The Mormons hide their more unusual doctrines from investigators and don’t tell them until they have already been re-baptised into the Mormon church.

The fact is that only about %20 of people who were baptised Mormon remain as “active, worthy” members. The rest leave.

[quote=sarcophagus]Well, since i know nothing of mormonism, I may check that book out. It would be interesting to read what they believe in. The religion makes entirely no sense to me. this is not a bash but, I could never believe that God resides on another planet. But I would love to learn why they think this is so.

I don’t see what is wrong with them selling their book. The bible is available in any book store, so should the Book of Mormon.
[/quote]

Mormons believe in countless gods on countless planets throughout the universe, because Joseph Smith said it was so and JS is The Prophet of the god of the earth, aka Heavenly Father, who had physical intercourse with the Virgin Mary and produced Jesus in the flesh. (God is an ‘exalted’ man of flesh and bone.) Jesus is one of the countless sons of Heavenly Father in the spirit world (thus was a spirit), as was Lucifer (Satan), his brother. We are all the brothers and sisters of Jesus and Satan. because we too are the spirit-children of Heavenly Father and his goddess-mother. We were also produced through actual intercourse to inhabit the spirit-world, where we lived in our pre-existent state before coming to earth. Every child born is a pre-existing spirit-child from the spirit-world. Someone on earth makes it possible for a spirit-child to be born in the flesh by becoming pregnant.

All Mormon males are eligible to be “exalted” – which means that they will become gods of their own planets and have non-stop intercourse to produce the spirit children that will inhabit their planet. The requirements for “exaltation” include giving 10% of one’s gross income for life to the LDS church. Women qualify to become goddesses only if they are “sealed” to a Mormon male in the temple. Otherwise, they’re out of luck.

If you want to know why Mormonism is so popular, wouldn’t you like to become a god or goddess after you die, rule over your own planet, and have the pleasures of physical intercourse – nonstop – forever?

The Book of Mormon has been proven to be a fraud – through history, archaeology, linguistics, and the hard science of DNA.

JMJ Jay

As one who was taught Mormonism at a very early age I would warn you in this. The Book of Mormon talks about One God, Trinity. But this is only a tool to get you started / Baptized. Nothing in the Book of Mormon tells you what they really believe. It comes in the light of Christ, but it is not of the light. I have personally seen the Mormons convert Catholics in my small town in Utah. Its painful. But I have also seen more Mormons convert to our Faith through our RCIA Program. We are starting a door to door program soon. We need your prayers!

Check out

http://catholic-rcia.com/pages/Door_Door.html

For the Truth about DNA vs The book of Mormon

http://catholic-rcia.com/pages/DNA_Mormon.html

God Bless

Rich

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.