Republican calls for increased surveillance in Muslim neighborhoods

The chairman of the House Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence says there needs to be more surveillance in Muslim neighborhoods after the terrorist attacks in Paris.

“We have to have more surveillance in the Muslim community,” Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) told John Catsimatidis on AM 970 New York on Sunday.

“The reality is that’s where the terrorism is coming from. Doesn’t mean that all Muslims are evil, doesn’t mean all Muslims support terrorism, the overwhelming majority do not. But the reality is that’s where the threat is coming from,” he added.

thehill.com/policy/national-security/260220-republican-calls-for-increased-surveillance-in-muslim-neighborhoods

So many years back, heard from FBI report that 70% of the mosques had violent teachers preaching in them when American backs are turned.

This is a difficult issue for me, because I don’t want to infringe on the rights of innocent citizens that are living in a predominately Muslim community. However, if there are real (not just presumed) threats from those communities then it is better to risk infringing on rights than risk deadly attacks.

The more balanced approach that probably won’t be in the headlines is that intelligence has informants in the Muslim community. Surveillance means a lot of different things, besides someone from the NSA listening to your phone calls.

OP this is about a month or so old but did you notice Obama has called Christians a threat to the nation. onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fischer/2015/10/16/obama-christians-threaten-nation

Yes…excellent plan…and since the terrorists used guns, let’s track everyone with a gun too…Doh!

And, when we block immigration of Muslims, let’s also block gun manufacturing.

To the GOP, that would be taking things a bit too far.:smiley:

=Neofight;13439865]Yes…excellent plan…and since the terrorists used guns, let’s track everyone with a gun too…Doh!

Why would that be necessary? Liberals have told me gun control and gun-free zones are supposed to work. :wink:

And, when we block immigration of Muslims, let’s also block gun manufacturing.

Why? Most of the Muslims in America are much better off than the average person. Plus, I like their opposition to so-called gay “marriage” and abortion on demand.

As far as gun manufacturing goes, it will happen whether or not America blocks it or not. The demand is too great and besides, wasn’t the Obama Administration running guns to Syria? I’ve heard that was a big reason for the Benghazi cover-up.

To the GOP, that would be taking things a bit too far.:smiley:

And to a lot of Democrats as well. Not every Democrat follows the radical liberal ideas in lock-step.

Decided not to post

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.