Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida says he'll support Rex Tillerson's nomination for secretary of state

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida says he’ll support Rex Tillerson’s nomination for secretary of state.

twitter.com/AP/status/823553471983058947

This means Tillerson will fly through the Senate for Sec of State.

Personally I like Tillerson, I think he is a very trustworthy man. He is a long time Scouter (for those of you involved with Boy Scouts.)

Why do you think he’s trustworthy?

For the record, I think he’s wholly unqualified and the Russia stuff lingers, but on balance he strikes me as a relatively fine choice given the horror show that is the rest of the cabinet.

I watched how he worked within Scouting, he did a very good job and was a very honest person.

Senate cmte. narrowly approves former Exxon CEO Tillerson as Trump’s Sec. of State; Tillerson must still pass vote in full Senate

No surprise there.

Rubio said Trump was a con man who was dangerous and unqualified and it was getting harder everyday for him to support Donald Trump and at one point he said he didn’t know if he could support Donald Trump… and then he did.

He also said he was not seeking reelection… and then he did.

washingtonpost.com/politics/rubio-called-trump-a-dangerous-con-man-now-he-says-trump-should-be-president/2016/05/27/b837e16c-2410-11e6-aa84-42391ba52c91_story.html

ijr.com/2016/04/589529-marco-rubio-donald-trump-nominee/

So this is nothing more than typical Marco Rubio.

Yep. Little Marco caves again.

Not to worry. On the day of the confirmation vote he probably won’t even be there. He rarely is.

Constant vilification over inane points isn’t going to do any favors for Democrats. It will only harden the stereotype of the censuring left, at least in this voter’s eyes. I might have been willing to vote Democrat if they were open to pro-life dialogue, but those chances are fast diminishing.

Tillerson was just confirmed by the committee. Now it goes to the full Senate for a floor vote.

Marco Rubio went harder on him than any Dem; and yes, Dems are right to voice general concerns given that he has zero experience.

If the left is wise, it will pick its fights. Personally, all I’ve seen so far is how terrible and unqualified every single cabinet pick is. It’s crying “wolf.” I don’t understand. I didn’t feel qualified to cull every single Obama appointment and make the judgement that they’re all terrible. It’s off putting.

In my opinion Rubin was right in grilling him as he did. He did his job but for whatever reason didn’t go against his party in the vote. Tillerson would have been confirmed anyway.

Senate confirms Tillerson as secretary of State by a 56-43 vote.

Vote tally

Democratic Senators Joe Manchin (W.Va.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), Mark Warner (Va.) and Independent Sen. Angus King (Maine) joined the unanimous Republicans in voting for Rex Tillerson.

Tillerson it is. Good deal.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.