Republican wins La. Senate runoff in final 2016 race

Republican John Kennedy is projected to win the Louisiana Senate runoff election, giving the GOP a 52-seat majority in the upper chamber.

Kennedy, Louisiana’s state treasurer, defeated Public Service Commissioner Foster Campbell (D) on Saturday in the race to replace retiring Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), according to The Associated Press.

Republican National Committee (RNC) co-chair Sharon Day heralded Kennedy’s victory Saturday evening, saying it “caps a year of historic Republican wins up and down the ballot.”

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/309693-republican-wins-la-senate-runoff-in-final-2016-race

:thumbsup:

abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-met-paul-ryan-today-attend-rally-louisiana/story?id=44069147

If Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) is selected Agriculture secretary, as some have speculated – a special election to replace Heitkamp could win another seat for the republicans (53-seats).

Hey! I’m 2 for 2 this election cycle! That hasn’t happened in quite a while although Kennedy did lose here in East Baton Rouge parish (big surprise:rolleyes:)

That’s good. Until the midterms I think there is a real danger of a couple of republicans threatening a party switch to garner power.

After the mid terms I expect a more solid majority.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.