Request

I don’t ask for prayers for myself very often, but I am now.

My name is Sarah, and I am a 17 year old junior in high school. Lately I’ve been feeling this nagging depression (I am not in the least bit suicidal, just so you know). There are periods throughout the day (especially when I am alone to my thoughts) when I am saddened and I feel a hole in my heart that seems to never fill.

For a while, I was unsure of where these feelings were coming from. I think I have pinpointed them. Please pray not only for myself, but also for a good friend of mine, who we’ll call “Anthony”. Though he never felt the same, I think I will always love him, at least a little, and hold a special place for him in my heart. I hope and pray he ends up happy, and with the lucky girl meant for him.

What I need is prayers to help me trust the Lord, because that is probably the area I struggle with the most in my faith. I…find it hard to discern my vocation…I am afraid that I will make the wrong choice and hurt people in the process. Please pray that I will have the strength to trust God and accept whatever He has in store for me…and that I will also have the patience to wait for Him to reveal it whenever He sees fit.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and to pray…it’s much appreciated.

Holding you both in my prayers.

:gopray2: Done!

Praying for your intentions

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Dear Jesus, please give your loving blessings to Sarah, and help her to overcome her loneliness and sadness .

Please bless her friend who holds a special place in her heart. Please give Sarah and this young man the grace to choose their spouses wisely and to find future happiness.
Help her to discern her vocation and to make the most loving and wise choices for her life.
Dear Jesus, please help Sarah to trust You and to grow in faith, trusting You and welcoming Your desires for her life. waiting patiently wait for You to reveal them in the right moment.

God bless you, Sarah. You sound a sincere and lovely girl :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Dear Lord, please bless Sarah abundantly this Easter day and throughout the Easter season. Fill her heart with Your Spirit and set her on fire with love for You, more than ever before. May she place her complete trust in You and be abandoned to Your most holy will in all things. May this surrender to You bring her much peace and comfort. Let her know that we all suffer in our hearts from time to time and feel something that calls us to a deeper life of prayer and union with You. I’m sure You are just calling her to place her trust in Your loving care. I know You love Sarah infinitely. Even if she does not really feel Your presence right now to the greatest degree may she know that You are ever so present and by her side every step of the way. You ask her and us all to place our complete confidence in You like children and You also ask that we be abandoned to Your most merciful will, with complete trust in You. Next Sunday is the Feast of Your Divine Mercy. May Sarah experience Your merciful love by Your transforming her pain into joy now and on that day by her placing her trust in you and saying with St. Faustina: Jesus, I trust in You.

Dear Jesus, please give your loving blessings to Sarah, and help her to overcome her loneliness and sadness .
Please bless her friend who holds a special place in her heart. Please give Sarah and this young man the grace to choose their spouses wisely and to find future happiness.
Help her to discern her vocation and to make the most loving and wise choices for her life.
Dear Jesus, please help Sarah to trust You and to grow in faith, trusting You and welcoming Your desires for her life. waiting patiently wait for You to reveal them in the right moment.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.