Request

Hi!
I’m not Catholic, but a religious Dutch Jew. I do not believe in the Trinity, but as I’m involved in a discussion, I made a mathematical annotation of the underlying concept, proving it to be logically sound. Of course, I’m not here to discuss the mathematical annotation, but I was wondering how it would sound in Latin.

Believe it or not, but this is the doctrine of the Trinity (btw, it does NOT define G’d – that would be herecy --, but merely the logic behind the concept):
{3k+1: k∈ℤ}∪{3k+2: k∈ℤ}∪{3k+3: k∈ℤ}

In English it says: “three k plus one, where k is an element of the Integers, is in union with three k plus two, where k is an element of the Integers, is in union with three k plus three, where k is an element of the Integers”.

Is there someone capable & willing to translate this?

Many thanks in advance & may G’d bless all of us!

My latin is so incredibly rusty that it’s shameful. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue:

But I hope you find what you’re looking for! There are some brilliant minds on this forum!

Mathematicians fascinate me. They speak a language all their own. I’m not that great at it but I like to listen! :smiley:

Thanks for your reply Ophelia23. I’m aware that there must be some great minds here. No doubt someone will be able to translate it.

Thanks for your reply, petra22. Unfortunately, I cannot claim to be a mathematician

I’m not that great at it but I like to listen! :smiley:

Me too! Hopefully someone knowledgable will find some time to give it a try.

Nobody?

"./

I am a mathematician. The part about “K” makes no sense to me. The rest accurately define the Trinity. One is not complete without the second, and this duality is not complete without the third. “K” seems to be a constant, so its value (whatever it is) does not unbalance these equations.

[/quote]

Hi David,

K is introducing an infinite set (the Integers).
Without k, we would have three finite sets. And 1+1+1=3, that would mean 3 gods, and nobody should believe that IMHO. By introducing k, there are now three 3 infinite sets and 1 x infinity plus 1 x infinity plus 1 x infinity = 1 x infinity (thereby refuting the 1+1+1=3 argument). IMHO, this would be a sound representation of three different infinite Persons (the Father Jesus Holy Spirit) who together are 1 infinite substance (because ∞ + ∞ + ∞ = ∞ [and not 3 [SIZE=“4”]∞ ]).

David, what is your opinion?

(And I hope someone will be able & willing to translate this piece of logic into Latin).

Tom

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.