Requesting prayers for inter-faith peace in USA

Yes, this request is in response to the violence at Ft. Hood Texas.

The day must come, and soon, when we as Catholics recall that Islam has long been regarded as one of the world’s three monotheistic religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam. All are called to worship one God. I learned this in religion classes in the 1950s. Where has that knowledge gone in this country? We can pile on with criticisms and bias in regard to other faiths, but instead we should be praying for peace. May Our Lord guide us in all of our ways.

Praying for peace throughout the world.

I’ll pray for their conversion.

Praying for inter-faith peace.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory be…

Amen.

God we ask that all will love God above all, and others as ourselves, as Jesus requests.
Please grant us to live in peace, motivated by love.

“This is how Jesus came to be born. His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph; but before they came to live together she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.” An angel told Joseph “do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife because she has conceived what is in her by the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son and you must name Him Jesus, because He is the one who is to save His people from their sins.” [Matthew 1:18-21]

Jesus promised, “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and then you will be my witnesses not only in Jerusalem but indeed…to the ends of the earth.” [John 16:8-9, 15]

Before His ascension, Jesus said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore, make disciples of all the nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you. And know that I am with you always, yes even to the end of time.” [Matthew 28:17-20]

Praying for peace…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.