Requesting Prayers For My Youngest Brother Dying From A.L.S. "Lou Gehrigs" Disease

Dear God;
You know my pain, frustration, and sorrow so much better than I do myself. As I travel down this rocky path, please give me the strength to reach out to help others rather than staying totally absorbed in myself and my own problems.
Help me to control my anger and disappointment. And, please help me not to take my frustration with myself out on others. Make me thoughtful and introspective, but not moody and cross. Help me to take the time to thank my loved ones for all their patience and kindness.
Please help me to forgive those who have harmed me, so that my life will not be consumed by bitterness and helplessness. Help me to keep silent about my head injury, aches, and pains, knowing that others must get tired of their recitation.
In the Name of Jesus Christ and through your Holy Spirit, I believe that you will improve my memory. But, until then, I will settle for the humility to realize that when my memory clashes with the memories of others, I may be mistaken.
Help me to accept the changes in me, knowing that Your love is warmly surrounding me. Please help me to focus more on tomorrow than on yesterday.
I ask a special blessing for those who do not dwell on my mistakes but rather are willing to overlook them. I pray that I will always remember to treat others with respect and kindness, knowing how badly it hurts to be mistreated and ridiculed.
Guide me in finding new goals and direction. I do not want the rest of my life to be spent wallowing in the past glory of yesterday.
Please help me to take my inadequacies and turn them into strengths. Help me to take adversity and turn it into knowledge and guidance for myself and others.
No matter how disheartening the day may seem, help me to perceive goodness, beauty, and joy.
I especially thank you for sending special people into my life who, in their sincere acceptance of me, are helping me to learn to accept my new self. And give me, Dear Lord, the grace to show appreciation for their support and help.
May I always remember that I am not alone … because dear Jesus you are always by my side.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Praying very hard for your brother. One of my good friends is also suffering from this dread disease. I pray for all who are suffering.

May our dear Lord bless you and your brother. So sorry that you have to go through this.
We are one Body in Christ and we do not stand alone.
Praying Hail Mary, Glory Be, Our Father.

centurionguard, I will pray the chaplet to the Divine Mercy for you and your brother today.

I will pray for your brother and your family. I can relate to you in that my father has been battling ALS (the sporadic form) for 7 years.

I hope your family finds many opportunities to comfort one another as each person learns to cope with your brother’s condition. I also hope that your family can find healing through laughter as well as prayers during this time. But most of all, I hope that your brother does not give up hope–that is hope in God’s eternal love and ability to work through even the most devastating of situations, hope in having lived and continuing to live a good and loving life, and hope for the future of himself and your family.

May I ask, what form of ALS does your brother have?

May God bless you, your brother, and your family with what you need to live fully and do His Will, and from these blessings may you confidently entrust every joy and sorrow to Christ.

Pax!

:grouphug:Said on behalf of your brother and you. My deep sympathy to your brother and you., Trishie

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

For your brother, you, and your family

**Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. **
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

For your brother, you, and your family

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, please pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end**. Amen.

Dear God;
You know my pain, frustration, and sorrow so much better than I do myself. As I travel down this rocky path, please give me the strength to reach out to help others rather than staying totally absorbed in myself and my own problems.
Help me to control my anger and disappointment. And, please help me not to take my frustration with myself out on others. Make me thoughtful and introspective, but not moody and cross. Help me to take the time to thank my loved ones for all their patience and kindness.
Please help me to forgive those who have harmed me, so that my life will not be consumed by bitterness and helplessness. Help me to keep silent about my head injury, aches, and pains, knowing that others must get tired of their recitation.
In the Name of Jesus Christ and through your Holy Spirit, I believe that you will improve my memory. But, until then, I will settle for the humility to realize that when my memory clashes with the memories of others, I may be mistaken.
Help me to accept the changes in me, knowing that Your love is warmly surrounding me. Please help me to focus more on tomorrow than on yesterday.
I ask a special blessing for those who do not dwell on my mistakes but rather are willing to overlook them. I pray that I will always remember to treat others with respect and kindness, knowing how badly it hurts to be mistreated and ridiculed.
Guide me in finding new goals and direction. I do not want the rest of my life to be spent wallowing in the past glory of yesterday.
Please help me to take my inadequacies and turn them into strengths. Help me to take adversity and turn it into knowledge and guidance for myself and others.
No matter how disheartening the day may seem, help me to perceive goodness, beauty, and joy.
I especially thank you for sending special people into my life who, in their sincere acceptance of me, are helping me to learn to accept my new self. And give me, Dear Lord, the grace to show appreciation for their support and help.
May I always remember that I am not alone … because dear Jesus you are always by my side.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!
Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished
children of Eve, to thee do we send
up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley, of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us; and
after this our exile show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus;
O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God

That we may be made worthy of the
        promises of Christ.

Amen
Holding you and your brother in my prayers

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

still praying

praying hard

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.