Resource for early church commentaries by passage?

Is there a resource somewhere where we can search for a Scripture passage, and then see everything that an early Church father said referencing said passage, or their commentary on said passage? Thanks.

I don’t know how close this is “everything,” but I instantly thought of Clerus.

This program offers Sacred Scripture, its interpretation in light of Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Magisterium, with appropriate theological commentary and exegesis.

The downloadable version allows you to connect Sacred Scripture to the complete works of many Doctors of the Church, Councils, Encyclicals, teachings of the Popes, Catechisms, as well as commentaries from secular literature, etc.

Downloading that version is not the only way to use the site–for example, there’s online lookup of passages and the material related to them.

There’s also a sticky thread here about it: Biblia Clerus - Vatican Bible Resource

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Aquinas Study Bible website on the link below.

By the way I am about to publish 1-3 epistles of John of the Glossa Ordinaria in English. It is a Medieval commentary on Scripture that uses quotes from the Church Fathers, and was the commentary used by St. Thomas Aquinas. It is the first volume of a series to be published.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.