Resource for looking up a Scripture to see when it's in the readings?

Anyone know a resource where you can put in a Scripture verse and it will tell you on which day that verse is read in the Liturgy? I’m think I’ve seen it before, but cannot remember.

My printed St Joseph daily and Sunday Missals have indices of the Readings–I don’t know if they can be found on-line.

That would be a cool tool! Hopefully a source is shared!

You should find what you are looking for at this site: textweek.com/scripture.htm

Thanks for sharing the question, and helping me find a good tool!

You should find what you are look for here --> textweek.com/scripture.htm

Thanks for sharing the inspirational question!

I own Verbum capstone software by Logos. Any passage I search in my library (1800+ volumes), includes what day it appears in the missal and lectionaries.

Thx!!!

Are you able to search by book? I tried the jochoa’s link and did not find anything for Esther or Judith. Do you?

By the way, the reason I am trying to look this up is because in Joseph Ratzinger’s (Pope Benedict XVI’s) book Daughter Zion, he says:the Church’s liturgy expands this Old Testament theology of woman insofar as it interprets the woman-saviors, Esther and Judith, in terms of Mary and refers the Wisdom texts to Mary. I am trying to find liturgical references to Esther and Judith to see how they are referenced in conjunction with Mary. Perhaps he is including in that thought the Liturgy of the Hours? I see multiple references to each in LOTH.

I did a search of Judith + Mary and in the Lectionary for Year 1 and 2, February 11 is the optional memorial for Our Lady of Lourdes.

The Response to the Psalm comes from Judith 15: 9 -

“You are the glory of Jerusalem!* 
     You are the great pride of Israel! 
     You are the great boast of our nation! 

and the Psalm is Judith 13:18-19

“Blessed are you, daughter, by the Most High God, above all the women on earth; and blessed be the Lord God, the creator of heaven and earth, who guided your blow at the head of the leader of our enemies. 19*Your deed of hope will never be forgotten by those who recall the might of God.

So, you can plainly see the correlation between the virtuousness of Judith and the Blessed Virgin, making sense of the contention by the emeritus Holy Father.

Hope this helps!

Very helpful thx! Anything for Esther?

I’ll get back to you soon

Here’s something you might be looking for that I found in my library:

Esther is a type of the ever Blessed Virgin Mary. Esther, on account of her beauty, was raised from her low estate to be queen: Mary, on account of the beauty of her pure and humble heart, was raised to be the Mother of the Redeemer, and afterwards, Queen of Heaven. Esther alone was exempted from the king’s severe law: Mary alone is exempted from the curse of original sin. Esther, adorned in splendid garments, went before the king, prayed for her people, and was heard: Mary, the Queen of Heaven, radiant with virtues and merits, goes before the throne of God to intercede for her people.

Knecht, F. J. (1910). A Practical Commentary on Holy Scripture (p. 356). London; St. Louis, MO: B. Herder.

Hope you find this useful.

Peace and all good.

Thank you. :o

Thanks. Good analysis.

Judith is also often read on Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe

presentationministries.com/OBOB/obobFindSimilar.asp?d=12/12/2003

Esther is read here

presentationministries.com/obob/obobFindSimilar.asp?d=3/13/2014

Scott Hahn has talk here

zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~vgg/rc/aplgtc/hahn/m4/m.html

Here are some links for the readings.
In your browser You can use the

Edit,
Drop down menu for FIND
to search these pages

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/Overview-Epistles.htm

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/1970USL-WeekdaysA.htm

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/Overview-FirstReadings-Weekdays.htm

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/2002USL-Weekdays-AdventChristmas.htm

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/1998USL-Solemnities.htm#2

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/2002USL-Sanctoral.htm

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/John-Epistles.htm

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/1998USL.htm

I can only find this same reading for Judith, three times in the year

Common of the Blessed   Virgin Mary
     Rev 21:1-5a

(#708.3)
Judith 13:18, 19
(#709.2)

Feb. 11
     Our Lady of Lourdes

Aug. 5
     Dedication of the Basilica

of St. Mary Major in Rome

Dec. 12
     Our Lady of Guadalupe

I can only find one reading for Esther

First   Week of Lent - Thurs
     Esth   C:12, 14-16, 23-25

Here are two more Helpful Charts

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/Index-Sundays.htm

catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/Index-Weekdays.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.