Resources for helping with debt (non-student loan debt)

Greetings,

I have discerned a vocation with a Franciscan order (franciscanbrothersminor.com), however, before I can enter, I need to get rid of my financial debt. All that I have is an auto loan, which may sound easy enough to get rid of, but I owe more on the car than what it is worth. My question is, are there groups and/or people out there that anybody knows of that help with this type of debt? I have seen some groups, but they only focus on student loan debt. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

God bless,
Ryan

P.S. I have contacted my diocese and am awaiting their reply, but I thought I’d check on here as well :thumbsup:

Check with your local Knights of Columbus council. They may have a vocations fund set up to assist this very thing. Our council here does. It’s worth a shot. Good luck with your vocation, you are in my prayers.

You might also contact the Serra Club, which promotes vocations to the priesthood and religious life.

In addition, you might try asking your pastor for advice. He may know of someone who can help.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.