resources on islam

I was wondering if anyone knew offhand of a website on Islam, preferably from a Catholic perspective, and one that has accurate translations of the Qur’an and the Hadith. I’ve found it fairly exhausting going through search engines trying to find one that seems reliable, because, although I might be paranoid, I have a feeling like a lot of these muslim websites with islamic info have a lot of “taqiyya” going on (that is, the dispensation for muslims to lie in order to protect their religion from harm … especially when it comes to certain ugly truths about what the Qur’an says, etc.). Not to say all Muslims lie, but just to be safe, I’d like a non-Muslim website that says the cold hard facts about Islam, especially with regard to the Qur’an (and the Hadith too … that would be nice).

Qu’ran Search: quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/
The Qu’ran: usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/
The Original Sources of the Qu’ran: answering-islam.org/Books/Tisdall/Sources/index.htm
How to Discuss Islam with Muslims: sillyallah.com

sweet! Thanks.

Nothing better than this CAF, ask and you shall receive many opinions from both sides…

Why not try a book like Islam: A Very Short Introduction by Malise Ruthven? My experience is that, generally speaking, websites are a poor “delivery method” for knowledge.

You might also want to take a look at Understanding Islam by Frithjof Schuon, which is usually assigned reading in religious studies classes on Islam.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.