Respect Life Sunday

How is your parish observing Respect Life Sunday (October 4th)?

I’m getting bulletin inserts from www.hh76.com for our parish.

It’s Respect Life Sunday every Sunday at our parish! Seriously, our Pastor is very very committed to fighting abortion and euthanasia. We regularly hear about it from the pulpit. In fact he composed a wonderful novena to “Mary, Mother of Life” which we’ll be starting on Sunday.

Here’s a link to the USCCB Respect Life info for 2009-2010:

usccb.org/prolife/programs/rlp/2009/index.shtml

And the Liturgy Guide:

usccb.org/prolife/programs/rlp/2009/liturgyguide.pdf

The Litany to Mary, Mother of Life is in the liturgy guide along with a novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe, a Holy Hour for Life, and liturgy/homily info for Respect Life Sunday (Oct 4) and the Day of Penance for Life (Jan 22).

We are pro life every week - our Prayers of the Faithful come from Priests For Life.

We will have Life Chain on Oct 4, I am not sure what else is going on but it will be very good!

huge weekend, actually we have already begun, 40 days for life began here last Wed., there were pro-life Eucharistic and rosary processions in several locations today. next weekend we have (besides regular CCD both days, baptisms, and blessing of the animals) sale and raffle to benefit the new pregnancy center, baby showers for the pregnancy center, life chain on Sunday, pro-life living rosary at all 3 parishes at different times, and 40 days for life of course continues. crosses are out on the church lawn, and pro-life displays on other parish lawns, including some non-Catholic churches. other parishes are selling carnations and pins to raise money for both the pregnancy center and the birthing center.

oh I forgot to say the rosary makers have been working all summer and everyone who comes to any of the rosaries throughout the month will get a rosary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.