Frankly, the "abortion for rape" arguments disgust me. They reek of a true anti-woman mindset.
For one, it seems to say "Oh, so you were raped, and you got pregnant! An abortion will make all your problems disappear!"
That's a load of cows' udders. Abortion doesn't unrape a woman. All it does is make it convinent for everyone else to have to avoid the subject, no swollen belly, no rape.
The other thing it does is place that woman in a really nasty situation, what if she's pro-life, what if she detests abortion, suddenly she's pregnant from rape and listening to comments like "How could you want that thing inside you?" "why would you want to carry your rapist's baby?" People might not beleive her. I know a pro-life woman this happened too, instead of having an abortion, she put baby up for adoption, and when she told the cops she wasn't having an abortion, they just shut the case - because no jury is going to convict a rapist on the say of a woman who's still carrying his baby! That woman now carries a lot of guilt that a rapist walked free, but she wouldn't kill the child he forced on her. If this society wasn't so heck bent on the "abortion for rape" excuse, those cops might have put more effort into nailing that nasty fellow.
Its also not just the rapist's baby, its HER baby to.
For the pro-abortion movement to use something as hideous as rape to further their cause, well, its just repulsive! We're talking about a very rare occurance, 98% of abortions are for "social reasons", and yes, there could be some women who were raped ticking "social reasons" on the forms but we can't base arguments on "could be" statistics. That leaves only 2% for life of mother, foetal defect, and rape.
I know two people who've been pregnant from rape who kept their babies. One was a ten year old girl I went to school with who was raped by her uncle and brother, and even at 10 was horrified at the mention of aborting that baby - who's now 21 or so and doing well in law school. The other, that pro-life woman, is still hurting from the rape, not keeping the pregnancy and adopting that child out [who'll now be about 10 or so]. And all the women I've known who've had abortions didn't have one because of rape... and I'm including all the women I've met through my job - but people whove been raped and pregnant could be keeping it to themselves if they aborted.
What a woman in that situation needs is love, support and kindness. The pro-abortion movement has made the claim that those who suffer from "post abortion stress syndrome" must have had mental health issues before the abortion, well, what do they think rape is going to cause the woman to suffer? Roses and happy faces? Seems that aborting a rape pregnancy will only make that woman more emotionally unstable.
As for the human being being aborted, the circumstance of teh conception, no matter how horrific does not change the humanity of the unborn, and their life has no less value then any other unborn. We should embrace all women in all unplanned pregnancies, they need love, support, compassion, mercy and understanding, they don't need to splay their privates in the face of a masked man to have the life sucked out of them.
Your friend has fallen into the usual trap that catches a lot of well meaning pro-lifers. They don't want to look like unfeeling jerks - which the question is designed to do, so put it back on them.