Restaurant's Communion wafer-topped burger offends some Chicago diners

I found out about this a few days back.
A wee bit insensitive I’d say. I’m sure the owners have given no thought as to what God would think. (Surprise, surprise.)

Restaurant’s Communion wafer-topped burger offends some Chicago diners

Kuma’s Corner, which caters to a heavy-metal crowd, premiered its “Ghost Burger” on Tuesday as its burger of the month, the Chicago Tribune reported.
The burger is named for Ghost B.C., a Swedish band whose lead singer dresses for perfomances as a Roman Catholic cardinal with skull-face makeup.

It [the burger] also comes topped with a wine reduction sauce and an unconsecrated host – the blood and body of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.
On the restaurant’s Facebook page, Kuma’s Corner officials called the Ghost “a fitting tribute to the supreme blasphemous activities carried out by the band itself.”

The restaurant was honoring a band it liked, not trying to make a religious statement, he said, adding:

"If there is a God, I’m sure he has a sense of humor."

Here’s the follow-up Chicago Tribune story.

Somewhere on the Internet a read a comment about this where the person was pondering what would happen if they used an Islamic holy symbol.
What if they were mocking the homosexual community?

It’s comforting to know that God is still in control and that He would not allow it if He did not have some mysterious plan for allowing such sacrilege.

There is nothing sacred or special about an unconsecrated host. It’s bread.

Sounds like mockery to me no-matter if the bread is consecrated or not, an atheist can offend God as much as a believer !

already being discussed in Catholic News

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.