Retreat suggestions for CT/Western MA?

My DH lovingly gave me a retreat for Christmas but I need to find a place to go. I’ve checked out a number of retreat centers but could use suggestions based on experiences.

What I’m looking for - a peaceful, 1-2 night retreat away, either as part of a woman’s group or as part of a silent retreat. Very simple, spartan accomodations. Some ideas as to what to do - I’ve been on a daylong individual directed retreat and it was good for what I needed then, I might need more direction now. I have 2 young children so I want to ensure I use the time to really think and pray.

I went to a wonderful retreat at the Archdiocese of Hartford for our precana weekend but I don’t think they do retreats there anymore. Otherwise, I’ve never done an overnight Catholic retreat.

Ideas?

A strong, faith filled weekend retreat is how I would describe a cursillo weekend. It is a beautiful awakening for anyone looking for such a retreat. You can check the national cursillo web site, but there are sites at both Springfield and Worcester. I did a cursillo weekend 5 years ago and it was amazing.

You can see if these have one for you. They are silent and very good opusdei.org/ I hope you get a very peaceful and blessed experience wherever you go.:slight_smile:

Have you looked at the Retreat Finder?

retreatfinder.com/Directory/Directory_State.asp?state=CT

Also, the Diocese/Archdiocese websites either have “approved” retreats listed or have contact info where you can call for a list of local Catholic Retreat Centers:

Archdiocese of Hartford
Diocese of Bridgeport
Diocese of Norwich
Diocese of Providence
Archdiocese of Boston
Diocese of Springfield
Diocese of Fall River
Diocese of Worcester
Diocese of Burlington (VT)
Diocese of Manchester (NH)

Don’t forget your local Parish Bulletin. Your parish secretary may know of some places on file.

Here are sime suggestions from catholiclinks.org:

MA:
[LEFT]Camp Holy Cross, Goshen
Companion Renewal Center, Weston
Foyer of Charity, Scituate
Franciscan Center, Andover
Holy Cross Retreat House, North Easton
Marie Joseph Spiritual Center, Sisters of the Presentation of Mary, Methuen
Our Lady of Glastonbury Abbey, Benedictine Monks, Hingham, Retreat Center
Sacred Hearts Retreat Center, Wareham

CT:
Holy Family Passionist Retreat Center, West Hartford
Mercy Center at Madison, Madison
Monastery of Our Lady of the Grace, North Guilford, CT, Dominican Nuns
My Father’s House Spiritual Retreat Center, Moodus
Saint Edmund’s Retreat, Society of Saint Edmund, Mystic
Wisdom House Retreat and Conference Center, Litchfield [/LEFT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.