RETROUVAILLE This Weekend -Please Pray for us

San Diego is having their Retrouvaille weekend this weekend and ending on Pentecost Sunday.

My wife and I are in serious need of this weekend. She has agreed to go ONLY because I asked her to go. She has made up her mind to leave after the weekend, but will still go. She says after 25 Years of marriage what would possibly change.

We had a long talk this evening and I am so discouraged I don't even feel like going now.

I have 3 older daughters 2 of which are telling Mom to divorce and the oldest saying work it out. I have 2 younger boys who are scared about the stability. We are still married and even now things are tearing us apart.

I was hoping that Retrouvaille weekend would put us back, but my wife is only going thru the motions. She isn;t interested in working things out. She wants to go her own way and is in love with another man that she had an affair with. It is over now, but she still loves him.

She says she is so sorry she is hurting me, but we just aren;t compatable and don;t have things in common. All this discouragement 2 days before the weekend.

She said it was up to me to go to the weekend and she would go, but she says it isn;t going to change things.

I am torn apart now not sure if I go and get my hopes up or just move on. If I go thinking that we will work it out and it doesn;t work, I have more hurt.

I have all but given up on this weekend now.

DG

Please hold on and go this weekend. Trust and surrender everything in the Father's loving MERCY. I am praying a chaplet to the Divine Mercy for you today and a Memorare:

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions for dgeier0725, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

God bless you.

Praying with you also the following prayers. God bless.

PRAYER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT

O Holy Spirit, Soul of my soul, I adore You. Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me. Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it. I promise to submit everything that You ask of me and to accept all that You allow to happen to me. Just show me what is Your will. Amen

PRAYER TO SAINT MICHAEL

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in the day of battle; be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the Divine power of God, cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl through the world, seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

PRAYER FOR PROTECTION THROUGH THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS

Lord JESUS, by faith in your merits, I now take your precious blood and sprinkle it over myself and my family right from the crown of my head to the very soles of my feet. I claim total and complete protection for my life and my family. Lord JESUS, keep me free today from evil, sin, temptation, satan’s attacks and afflictions, fear of darkness, fear of man, sickness, diseases, doubts, anger, all calamities and from all that is not of thy kingdom.

Fill me Lord JESUS, with the gift of the HOLY SPIRIT and grant me the gifts of wisdom, knowledge, faith, understanding and discernment so that I will live today in your glory by doing what is right.

I praise you JESUS
I thank you JESUS
I love you JESUS
I adore you JESUS

Thank You for the prayers. Sometimes I feel hopeless when I hear decisions are already made, but you just go through the motions. I am hoping this isn't the case. My wife plans to get nothing out of this weekend, but to basically fulfill an obligation.

Since I found out that my wife had an affair on Good Friday, I had a nervour breakdown Holy Saturday and Overdosed on medication on Easter sunday evening, I have been really struggling.

I have done (2) St. Jude, Saint Joseph, Sacred Heart and Holy Spirit Novenas along with going to adoration and praying the rosary each day. When my wife told me she would NOT go to Retrouvaille I did the St Jude and St Joseph Noveneas at the same time. The day after the novena was complete she agreed to go.

I am very discouraged though as I have 2 daughters telling mom to split up, 2 boys who do not want that and a strong good Catholic Daughter trying to set things right. The 2 daughters telling Mom to leave have both left the catholic church. The strong Daughter graduated from Franciscian University in Steubenville, OH. The girls are all older in late teens and early 20's. The boys are 11 & 13 and are not happy about this.

My wife doesn't see any value in going, but she did say one thing that caught my attention. She said other than going to fill a promise to me, she would go just in case she wasn't thinking clearly.

Perhaps there is a glimmer of Hope. With all the praying, I thought that things would be a little softer with my wife and she would actually want to go to change things.

It's tough, but I am doing what I can. I think the devil is doing everything he can do try and derail our weekend. We start the program in 2 days.

Thanks for the Prayers

I will pray for you and your wife. Good luck this weekend.

[quote="cviolette, post:5, topic:243273"]
I will pray for you and your wife. Good luck this weekend.

[/quote]

I appreciate that and that is very kind. As I go before the blessed sacrament tonight at adoration what petition can i pray you for?

[quote="spesnostra, post:2, topic:243273"]
Please hold on and go this weekend. Trust and surrender everything in the Father's loving MERCY. I am praying a chaplet to the Divine Mercy for you today and a Memorare:

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions for dgeier0725, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

God bless you.

[/quote]

As I go before the blessed sacrament tonight at adoration, what petition can I pray for you for?

[quote="dgeier0725, post:4, topic:243273"]
Thank You for the prayers. Sometimes I feel hopeless when I hear decisions are already made, but you just go through the motions. I am hoping this isn't the case. My wife plans to get nothing out of this weekend, but to basically fulfill an obligation.

Since I found out that my wife had an affair on Good Friday, I had a nervour breakdown Holy Saturday and Overdosed on medication on Easter sunday evening, I have been really struggling.

I have done (2) St. Jude, Saint Joseph, Sacred Heart and Holy Spirit Novenas along with going to adoration and praying the rosary each day. When my wife told me she would NOT go to Retrouvaille I did the St Jude and St Joseph Noveneas at the same time. The day after the novena was complete she agreed to go.

I am very discouraged though as I have 2 daughters telling mom to split up, 2 boys who do not want that and a strong good Catholic Daughter trying to set things right. The 2 daughters telling Mom to leave have both left the catholic church. The strong Daughter graduated from Franciscian University in Steubenville, OH. The girls are all older in late teens and early 20's. The boys are 11 & 13 and are not happy about this.

My wife doesn't see any value in going, but she did say one thing that caught my attention. She said other than going to fill a promise to me, she would go just in case she wasn't thinking clearly.

Perhaps there is a glimmer of Hope. With all the praying, I thought that things would be a little softer with my wife and she would actually want to go to change things.

It's tough, but I am doing what I can. I think the devil is doing everything he can do try and derail our weekend. We start the program in 2 days.

Thanks for the Prayers

[/quote]

Please try not to be discouraged! That is what Satan loves, when we give up! Your wife may change her mind. Her heart may be touched. She will have to communicate with you in order to fulfill her obligation, and that communication may affect her choice to leave you. I am still praying for you, do not give up! Go, and keep hope! Even if everyone is against you, GOD is for you!

She said other than going to fill a promise to me, she would go just in case she wasn't thinking clearly.

I think this is a positive statement. I am now spiritually burnt out and can hardly get myself to now pray. Perhaps I should just relax and give this to God? Is it wrong to quit praying this close to the week-end?

I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers. May God be present in your marriage during this weekend and guide you both in the right direction. Always ask for God's will in all things.

[quote="dgeier0725, post:9, topic:243273"]
I think this is a positive statement. I am now spiritually burnt out and can hardly get myself to now pray. Perhaps I should just relax and give this to God? Is it wrong to quit praying this close to the week-end?

[/quote]

Ask your guardian angel to pray for you.

And we are praying also. Remember the Holy Spirit knows our pain and groans for us. You are not alone.

Thanks

[quote="dgeier0725, post:12, topic:243273"]
Thanks

[/quote]

Thanks to all of you who have prayed for my Retrouvaille weekend. This seems like the last hope for me and my wife which as of today looks impossible to heal. But i will hold fast to God's will and not mine. I am nervous that if things don't work out, we will end up splitting and I don't know if i could live through that I love my wife so much.

I have a lot riding on this weekend, but my older brother who runs the RCIA program in Torrance, CA tells me there is always hope even if the weekend doesn't produce any fruit. That's going to be hard for me to accept with all the prayers and then things could still fall apart. how could that be God's plan to bring us this far and then things go wrong.

I know i am not thinking like I should, but perhaps the nervous breakdown I had 3 weeks ago has still clouded my thinking. I just know that if things don't change after this weekend I am going to really be in despair and feel very lonely inside spiritually.

I hope and pray it works out. I am emotially and very much spiritually drained at this point.

DG

I agree completely with what TheRealJuliane said: ask your guardian angel to pray for you. Ask your wife's guardian angel to pray too! These two angels love you both so very much!

Your angel has been with you since you were conceived in the womb and is just waiting to be asked to help you! Anytime you feel too weak or discouraged to pray ask your angel to pray for you.

You are right to have hope! Ask Jesus for the strength to help you carry this cross. Jesus loves you so much. Jesus didn't want his cross either. He will help you carry this. You will be in the prayers of many this entire weekend. Take care as best as you can.

Thanks for the support. I am going to adoration tonight just to be in the Lord’s presence and nothing else. I am just going to let him take away my fears and anxieties. I am going to relax in front of the lord and listen for him if he has a message. That way i can prepare spiritually. Your support has mean’t a lot to me and I’l let you know how things turn out.

Dave

I will pray for you, Dave.

Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy will be done
On Earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily Bread
And forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And, lead us not into temptation
But, deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace
the Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now and at the our of our death
Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and will be forever
world without end. amen.

:signofcross:

You are the last person I pray for before I go to sleep, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers all weekend.

Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

As I write this, I am thinking about and praying for your success, that the Holy Spirit will soften the heart of your wife and have a change of heart.

I will keep on praying for you. Also, try praying to St. Michael the Archangel:

St. Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
And do Thou O prince of the heavenly Host,
By the power of God, cast into hell Satan
And all the evil spirits who prowl around the world
Seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.