Return of Ban The Person Above You

I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn’t have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT!!!

And now I am banned.

(Above quote (except for the banned part) is from The Blues Brothers, spoken by Jake Blues in explaining why he stood up us bride (Carrie Fisher) at the altar).

Alas, I don’t want to do it, but this is the ban thread. So, YOU ARE BANNED!!! :hammer:

2 Likes

Self ban since I have never seen that movie, except for the first few minutes.

No posts for 5 days. Someone is not taking this thread seriously.

2 Likes

You still have not watched the Blues Brothers, the story of the mission of Jake and Elwood Blues to save the orphanage that they were raised in. For this, YOU ARE BANNED!!! :hammer:

2 Likes

Self ban for checking the On Demand selection through my cable box (I have Xfinity), and finding that The Blues Brothers is available!!! No additional charge!

I think I know what I’m watching this weekend!

2 Likes

For boasting of your soothsayer-like ability to see into the future, you are banned!!

1 Like

Banned for killing the thread.

2 Likes

Self ban because I am finally watching The Blues Brothers.

2 Likes

Unbanned for finally watching the Blues Brothers.

2 Likes

Banned because Carrie Fisher had some anger issues in that movie. :laughing: :gun:

Banned because in spite of all that Jake did to her she still demonstrates that wonderful Christian attribute of forgiveness.

Banned because I didn’t realize it was Carrie the first time she showed up in the film, then I looked at the cast list on IMDB and saw her credited as “Mystery Woman”.

1 Like

Self ban because I actually forgot this quote from the film you posted 9 days ago, until I saw Jake actually deliver it.

I somehow managed to stay about 99% spoiler-free for 40 years. Almost everything was a surprise to me.

1 Like

Self ban for actually using the word “actually” twice in one sentence. And double self ban for doing it again. :rofl:

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.