Returning to Christ's One Church

Hello forums :slight_smile:

I few months ago I posed that I was an Anglo-Catholic Episcopalian in crisis as my current diocese tried to stomp out our biblical christianity in favor of mushy-postmodernism.

Well today, as I have for the last several months, I prayed the rosary with a special intention for guidance from Our Lady about where to go, what to do? After a lifetime of Anglicanism, what to do?

By the time I had finished the 5th decade, I realized that I am a faithful Catholic–devoted to the Holy Mother and our Lord, but was a faithful catholic surrounded by people who looked with suspicion on my anglo-catholic piety.

I want to join a faith community where other young people like myself are encouraged to live an active faith, a real faith, not a watered down “deconstructed” faith. I want friends who look with respect, not suspicion, on Marian devotion. In short, I am ready for real faith.

I am ready to pull a JH Newman. I go to meet with the local Priest and the Deacon- Administrator of my local Catholic Parish to discuss my first steps to returning to the true faith.

Please pray for me :slight_smile:

Amen! Praise God! Thank you, Mary. Even the brief Wiki article on Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman shows the great suffering - even persecution - that he was subjected to after his conversion. And then, certain fellow Catholics distrusted him! Yet, he will be a Saint and no one remembers their names. My standard recommendation (to all, actually) is to spend much time before our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament at adoration.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen

That’s wonderful AnglicanMarian!

I’ll be praying for you.

God bless.

Cathoholic

Welcome home.

Congratulations! Welcome Home!

Praying for you…

The One you Seek - Seeks you.

Catholicism is Christianity at its fullest Expression.

Catholicism is pre denominational. We are the Originals.

the Christian identity is a belonging to the Church, because to find Jesus
outside of the Church is not possible. “Pope Francis”

You are half way there already, the door is open, but you have to knock and come in to
find the fullness of Christ. You are going on a Great Journey of a Discovery of 2000 years not a few hundred, there is joy, awe, and wonder around every corner of this Discovery of the Catholic Church, Our Lady who is our Mother awaits you and is telling Our Lord he is nearly there he just has to open the door wider , walk with your hands in the Lord’s in Trust, and go forward by saying "Lord give me an insatiable thirst for you and then quench that thirst which I know comes from only your Church which you founded.

Make that appointment to talk to a priest to go to RCIA classes, so you know your Catholic faith, in the meantime read as much as you can, an easy book but so necessary is
“Catholicism for Dummies” they have one on the Mass also , in RCIA they will recommend other books for you to read also, Devotional Prayer, The Rosary, Eucharist Adoration, you have such a great journey to go on.

God Bless and walk with the Lord.

This news makes me so happy! : )

Welcome Home! Prayers for you on your journey.

I’m so happy for you! I am on a similar path, but coming from Lutheranism. I finally have a meeting scheduled with Msgr. Ted here locally on Monday the 17th. For me, Christ’s one true Church has been calling for many years; I just started to wake up and take serious notice of that fact in the past couple of years. I also went to my first Sunday mass this past Sunday! It was so wonderful, especially to see how people had such reverence for the Eucharist.

Oh WOW!!! Welcome home:hug1:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen

Welcome HOME.

Let me also add my welcome and my prayers for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.