Rev. Sun Myung Moon Coronation

Have any of you read or seen anything about this event? Apparently, this man (Moon) was coronated in Capitol Hill as “messiah” and “king of peace”, etc. :eek: I think the article talks about Moon being the owner of the Washington Times.

All this sounds pretty weird :confused: , especially since this supposedly took place in a public building of the U.S. Senate and attended by lawmakers from both parties. It’s almost scary. :nope: I don’t know what to make of this, and information on the details seems to be very limited.

What’s y’alls take on this? I haven’t seen a thread on this yet, so I thought I’d start one. If someone already started a thread on this subject, I apologize in advance. Below are a couple of links for you to look at.

hillnews.com/news/062204/moon.aspx

gorenfeld.net/blog/2004/05/im-and-i-approve-this-messiah.html

In Christ,

Jorge.

Yeah I heard about that. The Washington Post had an article on it last week.

I trust you all heard the story of the African Archbishop who became a Moonie and married a woman in a mass ceremony a few years ago. The Vatican sequestered him somewhere and the woman went to Rome and started a hunger strike. He eventually left her and gave her a rosarie. I don’t know why they guy wasn’t defrocked…

You can check out my signature for more Moon nuttiness.

-C

Calvin:

Now that you mention that, I can recall the event. I didn’t realize they had been married by Moon.

Jorge.

strange times …strange things will happen.

yes, and i think he is ding dong crazy… opps, now the forum sensors will get me…

I will happily rephrase… he is theologically challenged… how’s that?

got to be careful, touchy feeley, and politically correct in these forums…

But I promise you he’s screwy… i’m hoping this is far enough down the list the sensors won’t see… :thumbsup:

Theologically challenged…that is a great line! Please pray for Mr. Moon and all of his followers. He truly thinks he is God and his followers do too. He does own the Washington Times and has other holdings, although I cannot recall what they are at this writing. I read his former daughter-in-law’s autobiography. I am sorry I cannot remember the name of the book.

In Christ’s Mercy -

[quote=Calvin]I trust you all heard the story of the African Archbishop who became a Moonie and married a woman in a mass ceremony a few years ago. The Vatican sequestered him somewhere and the woman went to Rome and started a hunger strike. He eventually left her and gave her a rosarie. I don’t know why they guy wasn’t defrocked…
[/quote]

I vaguely remember that episode. Can you post a link to refresh my memory? TIA

Becky :slight_smile:

[quote=Delgadoajj]Calvin:

Now that you mention that, I can recall the event. I didn’t realize they had been married by Moon.

Jorge.
[/quote]

Wedding:

beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8001_1.html

Vatican Response:

wewillstand.org/media/20010528_3.htm

Morther of All Milingo Sites:

archbishopmilingo.org

-C

P.S. The presidents agree too: www.messagesfromspiritworld.info

Calvin:

I’m just curious, but why do you have Moon’s web address in your footnote? :confused:

Jorge.

[quote=Delgadoajj]Calvin:

I’m just curious, but why do you have Moon’s web address in your footnote? :confused:

Jorge.
[/quote]

'cuz it makes me laugh.

-C

Yea, I thought it was pretty entertaining too, especially the presidential quotes!!! :thumbsup: I wonder what George Washington’s opinion is about today’s wigs? :smiley:

Jorge.

[quote=Calvin]Yeah I heard about that. The Washington Post had an article on it last week.

I trust you all heard the story of the African Archbishop who became a Moonie and married a woman in a mass ceremony a few years ago. The Vatican sequestered him somewhere and the woman went to Rome and started a hunger strike. He eventually left her and gave her a rosarie. I don’t know why they guy wasn’t defrocked…

You can check out my signature for more Moon nuttiness.

-C
[/quote]

Calvin,
I followed the link and was astounded by what I read. That stuff is so nutty that it is hard to imagine anyone believing in it. I especially enjoyed the testimony from Stalin (now a disciple of Rev. Moon). And I thought Mormonism was wierd!
I met a young Moonie missionary on the street here in California last year. She was from Norway and was asking for contributions - not proselytizing, just asking for money. She had that brain-washed, drugged-out look that cult members tend to have. I tried to explain Christianity to her, but it was no use. She said “I used to live a shallow life until I found Unification.” “So now you wander the streets begging for spare change.” I replied. “Yes, my life has meaning now.” she said with sad face. I felt so sorry for her I could have wept. :frowning:
Paul

[quote=PaulDupre]Calvin,
I followed the link and was astounded by what I read. That stuff is so nutty that it is hard to imagine anyone believing in it. I especially enjoyed the testimony from Stalin (now a disciple of Rev. Moon). And I thought Mormonism was wierd!
I met a young Moonie missionary on the street here in California last year. She was from Norway and was asking for contributions - not proselytizing, just asking for money. She had that brain-washed, drugged-out look that cult members tend to have. I tried to explain Christianity to her, but it was no use. She said “I used to live a shallow life until I found Unification.” “So now you wander the streets begging for spare change.” I replied. “Yes, my life has meaning now.” she said with sad face. I felt so sorry for her I could have wept. :frowning:
Paul
[/quote]

That sounds like my experiences with followers of Moon. I lived in Berkeley for 10 years and there was an active Moonie group there. I tried to talk to a few of them but it just went nowhere. “Brainwashed” really was a word that came to my mind.

I’ve had experiences with about 10 extreme sects (Krishnas, Boston Movement, Living Stream, Larouchians, JWs, etc.) and the Moonies were in a class all by themselves. They were handing out a hard copy of the document in my signature to people as an evangelism tool?!?!

They’re either crazy or they’re right. I tell you, though, if I look up on judgement day and see Rev. Moon looking down on me, I’ll soil my robe!.

-C

This guy is obviously dangerous: not only does he control billions, he has powerful *-- very * powerful – friends (people who you’d think would know better). By the way, Moon’s son also owns one of the largest munitions concerns in Asia.

If Moon’s wealth, power, and influence were not so frightening, some of links would be downright funny, like the glowing recommendations of all the dead Presidents. I thought the afterlife would be a place of “refreshment, light, and peace”; having to attend “seminars” there sounds more like hell.

I notice that Richard Nixon apparently has nothing to say on Moon’s behalf; maybe the 37th President wasn’t such a bad guy after all :smiley:

I have a friend who taught at Moon’s seminary for a while. He wasn’t a Moonie at all – he’s an academic who studies apocalyptic sects, and he decided the best way to learn about them was to live there (he taught church history). He said it was quite a wild ride…

Naprous

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.